Know the rules
All NAU employees and students should read and be familiar with the Appropriate Use of IT Resources.
Security Tips for the Lumberjack Community
Whether you are working in the office, or working remotely, NAU ITS would like to encourage faculty and staff to protect their NAU accounts with the below security tips.
- Be password smart: longer is better, don’t share, and never reuse passwords.
- Don’t click on links or open attachments in unsolicited emails. Don’t take the bait in phishing emails.
- Run and install updates on your devices and applications regularly.
- Use a password for your computer and phone to avoid unauthorized access to your devices.
- Limit the amount of information you publish to your social media accounts. Once it’s posted, it can never be 100% deleted from the internet.
- Turn off location settings in your applications and never post where or when you will be in a particular location.
- Backup your important files and documents on a regular basis.
- Secure your wireless networks and avoid open Wi-Fi networks!
- Learn how to recognize scams and effectively manage your email activity.
- Use multifactor authentication, where applicable, to strengthen your account security. For more info, visit our Two-Step Verification page.