Contact Affiliate Support
Wi-Fi Map in ArizonaInteractive Map for access to free Wi-Fi hotspots throughout the state.
Overview Accordion Open
What is an affiliate?
An ‘affiliate’ is someone who requires access to NAU services for a sanctioned University function but is not directly a student, faculty, or staff member. Some examples are (but are not limited to) a summer program attendee, an outside consultant working for a department, or a visiting faculty member from another University. This web page contains additional details about the ‘affiliate’ affiliation, how to request it for someone, and what access different affiliation categories grant.
Quick Request Links
How to Request Accordion Closed
Quick Request Links
Request a New Affiliate
To request a new affiliate account, please fill out the Affiliate Request PDF Form and attach it to a new secure request in ServiceNow. A current NAU employee in a position of authority (Chair, Asst. Director, Director, Dean or higher) must submit and sponsor the request. Affiliate access is issued for a maximum of one (1) year and must be renewed before expiration for the account to be kept active.
Different affiliate categories grant different levels of access to services, so please review the categories carefully to determine which one your affiliate will need.
Once you have reviewed the table of affiliation categories, you can review the table of affiliate types to determine which type you need to request for the person to get the access they need.
Renew an Affiliate
To renew an affiliate’s account, please follow one of these steps:
- If there are no biographical changes to the affiliate’s information, the affiliate sponsor or contact may reply to the notification email indicating that they would like the affiliate to be renewed and how long the affiliate needs to be renewed for.
- If there have been biographical changes to the affiliate’s information, please fill out the Affiliate Request PDF Form and attach it to a new secure request in ServiceNow.
Resources for Emeritus Faculty and Retirees Accordion Closed
To earn emeritus status, an individual shall have served on the NAU faculty for at least ten years and be recommended by the Provost to the President. Emeritus status is conferred at the last academic rank of the faculty member (e.g., associate professor emeritus, professor emeritus).
- Emeritus status provides the following privileges:
- Authorization to purchase a faculty campus parking permit.
- Library and bookstore privileges are accorded to faculty members at NAU.
- Consideration for space in which to work and carry on writing and research including:
- Office space.
- Laboratory privileges.
- Computer Usage.
- Space in the library providing some security for writings and projects; and/or
- Assistance in applying for research grants.
- Invitation to take part in ceremonies and academic processions.
Please contact the Office of the Provost for additional information.
Qualified retirees can maintain their email access through NAU for professional and personal use.
Retirees are responsible for any FERPA-protected data in their email accounts upon retirement. ITS recommends that all retirees remove any FERPA-protected data upon retirement.
Email eligibility is based on being fully vested in one of the primary retirement plans (ASRS, PSPRS, ORP). Eligibility for NAU retiree affiliate email accounts will be determined by a Human Resources representative.
Individuals with long-term medical disability status from NAU are also eligible.
Faculty emeriti do not have to fill out this form to keep their NAU Exchange Email.
Please contact Human Resources for additional information.