Available To: Faculty, Staff
Learn about Sassafras KeyServer within the NAU Environment
KeyServer is a client-server solution for auditing, managing, and sharing software licenses used by the University. The actual KeyServer holds end-user workstation (Windows & Macintosh) information and information about what software is licensed for use by each department or area within the University.
KeyServer is for software that is individually purchased and has KeyServer compatible licenses. There is no need to report to KeyServer for applications that are licensed for the University already such as Microsoft Office or products that are available for free use by anyone such as open source, freeware, or creative commons applications.
How It Works Accordion Closed
How to Install & Setup Accordion Closed
- Windows – The KeyServer client software for Windows is installed and updated automatically on NAU domain joined Windows workstations via Active Directory Group Policy.
- Mac OS X – The client software for Macintosh computers needs to be manually installed. Please contact the ITS Solution Center at 928-523-1511 or submit a ServiceNow ticket for assistance with this.
Information ITS Needs When New Software is Purchased Accordion Closed
Departments and areas within the University are responsible for their own auditing of software, and must keep local proof of purchase for all software that is purchased. When new software is acquired that is a purchased program that needs to be reported, please contact the ITS Solution Center at 928-523-1511 or submit a ServiceNow ticket with the following information:
- The Vendor (e.g. Adobe, Dell, SHI) proof of purchase.
- The number of licenses purchased.
- The exact product name.
- The specific edition .
- The version number.
- The software platform (Win/Mac/Both)
- Any Product ID, or Activation Code required to identify that specific license and run that software.
ITS Site Search