ITS 2023 – 2025 Strategic Planning
NAU Information Technology Services aims to draft a comprehensive technology and services plan linked to NAU’s Strategic Roadmap, Elevating Excellence. The IT Strategic Plan aims to provide exemplary technological foundations, infrastructure, and services to NAU’s extended community. As the landscape of technology is ever-changing, the IT Strategic Plan will be continuously updated to ensure updated cohesion with technology trends, changes, and developments.
More About the Strategic Plan Timeline
Phase One – Education & Awareness Tab Open
Phase Two – Ideation Tab Closed
Phase Three – Clarification, Alignment, and Publishing Tab Closed
Phase Four – Execution and Adjustment Tab Closed
Phase One – Education & Awareness Accordion Open
- Establishing the IT Planning websites to collect information, share resources, and establish processes.
- Conduct current state reviews by Executive Leaders and ITS AVPs.
- Identify Higher Education Technology Trends and Studies.
Phase Two – Ideation Accordion Closed
- Collect ideation data, SWOT analysis, metrics, and other materials that guide our planning.
- Clarify the vision and create statements about the desired future state of technology and services.
- Identify what we should stop doing in favor of more modern methods.
Phase Three – Clarification, Alignment, and Publishing Accordion Closed
- Identify strategies, objectives, tactics and key results, costs, metrics, and performance indicators.
- Identify alignments, sequences, priorities, and coordinating points with the NAU 2025 Roadmap and other strategic plans.
- Publish a draft plan for review and community discussion.
- Update and publish the final plan.
Phase Four – Execution and Adjustment Accordion Closed
- Coordinate plan actions with budget, governance, and resource allocations.
- Track OKRs, KPIs, and outcomes via OnStrategy.
- Assessment – Assess and document plan and activity outcomes.
- Adjust plans, activities, and priorities returning to phase 2 or phase 3 as may be prudent.
New: Talking Strategy With NAU Leaders
As Information Technology Services (ITS) undergoes the development and publishing of a comprehensive Strategic Roadmap, ITS aims to gather input and ensure alignment with the university’s objectives. One of these initiatives includes a series of roundtable discussions with key leaders from across NAU. These discussions will focus on exploring the intersection of technology with various functions and operations across the university, with the goal of developing a roadmap that effectively supports and enhances the university’s overall mission and vision.
After a session is held, a recording will be embedded into this site for reference.
Enrollment Management – Anika Olsen and Chad Eickhoff
Session Held February 7th, 2023 – 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM
Academic Achievement Alliance (A++) – Jonathan Gagliardi
Session Held February 13th, 2023 – 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Student Affairs and Technology at NAU – Margot Saltonstall
Session Held March 6th, 2023 – 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Information Technology and The Vision of Cline – Cynthia Childrey
Session Held March 23rd, 2023 – 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Talking Strategy – April 20th – John Georgas
Session Held April 20th, 2023
Talking Strategy – April 25th – Josh Mackey
Session Held April 25th
Education and Technology Report: Feb. 2023 – Campus Consortium Accordion Closed
This report analyzes the landscape of technology and education, and where the future is headed in 2023.
Avoiding the College Enrollment Cliff With AI – The Educause Review Accordion Closed
How artificial intelligence can provide higher education institutions with the tools and resources to streamline and optimize logistical constraints.
2023 Top 10 IT Issues: Foundation Models – Educause Accordion Closed
See what issues are hovering around the IT space in 2023, and what the future of IT looks like.
The Horizon Report 2022: Teaching and Learning Edition – Educause Accordion Closed
Documentation of the trends and technologies that are shaping the future of education, and the implications for the future.
2022 Students and Technology Report – Educause Accordion Closed
Spring 2022 survey of students in regards to technology and education, conducted by Educause.
11 Top Trends in Higher Education – Research.com Accordion Closed
Insight on recent and growing trends in the higher education landscape.