Know the rules
All NAU employees and students should read and be familiar with the Appropriate Use of IT Resources policy.
Wi-Fi Map in Arizona
Interactive Map for access to free Wi-Fi hotspots throughout the state.
Home drive for NAU students, faculty and staff
ITS offers centralized Home Drives to individuals with NAU domain accounts including all students, faculty and staff. Home Drives are automatically created based on your affiliation with NAU.
The purpose of the Home Drive is to give individuals a place to store their work files and documents where they are backed up daily for over a month and are accessible from any computer with an Internet connection.
For help with mapping your Bonsai drive, please refer to our Network Drive support page under the “Mapping a Network Drive” section with a specific operating system. For more information regarding Bonsai, feel free to view our Bonsai Knowledge Base Article.
Availability Accordion Closed
NAU students, faculty and staff who have NAU domain accounts have access to a Bonsai home drive.
To Use This Service Accordion Closed
Users must have a computer running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 or newer
- Apple computers running OS X 10.7 or newer
- UNIX hosts that are running the SMB client
- An Internet connection either on the NAU campus or connected to the NAU VPN
Cost and Pricing Accordion Closed
NAU students receive 6 GB of space, faculty and staff receive 25 GB of space for free.
Sharing Capabilities Accordion Closed
Bonsai is designed for personal use only.
Connecting Accordion Closed
Data Classification Accordion Closed
Level 3: Sensitive Information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Data on my Home Drive backed up? Accordion Closed
How do I recover data from my Home Drive? Accordion Closed
- Open up your Home Drive
- Right click on the folder on your Home Drive where your file or document was located and select “Properties.”
- In the properties window, go to the “Previous Versions” tab.
- Select the date from the list that you want to restore from and double click on the file name. This will open up a new window with all of your documents from that day.
- Once you find the document or file, you can drag it over to your Home Drive window.
- Once the document or file is finished copying over into the Home Drive, you can close the restore window.
If you have any trouble contact the ITS Service Desk at 928-523-3335.
Who has access to my Bonsai drive? Accordion Closed
The home drive is designed for individual use only. If you need to give other users access to you data, consider storing your data on NAUShares.
You are the only individual who has access to your data. There are other administrative and system accounts that require access to your data for backup and virus protection.
How long after I’ve left the university will I be able to retrieve my data? Accordion Closed
Faculty data is kept for a year and all user types will be kept for six months. You must contact the ITS Service Desk.
Is there a way to access my files if I don’t have an Internet connection? Accordion Closed
There is a way you can make your Bonsai drive available when you are offline, but it has to be setup while you are still online. If you are interested in finding out more about this option, please contact the ITS Service Desk.