Electronic PeopleSoft Administrative Security System (ePASS)
The ePASS (Electronic PeopleSoft Administrative Security System) is an electronic form within Northern Arizona University’s PeopleSoft LOUIE system that allows for paperless administrative security requests and security revocation.
An ePASS form is usually initiated by an NAU employee or affiliate requiring administrative access to one of NAU’s PeopleSoft systems (LOUIE, Human Capital Management (HR system), or PS Financials). An ePASS form can also be initiated by a supervisor (listed as employee’s reports to) or data steward on behalf of another user. After the ePASS is initiated it will be routed for the appropriate approvals, notifications will be sent at various points in the process and, when complete, security will be automatically updated within PeopleSoft.
Types of forms
Use to add administrative access to a PeopleSoft system (LOUIE, Human Capital Management ( (HR system) or PS Financials)
Use to revoke access to a PeopleSoft system due to transfer, change in job duties or termination
How to use ePASS
Before initiating an ePASS form
- Ensure the following training has been completed. A security request form cannot be initiated for an individual who has not completed the FERPA Exam and the Information Security Essentials training.
- Read the Data Classification and Handling Policy.
- Find the correct role(s) to be requested or revoked
- Only one security form can be processed at a time; however multiple roles can be specified on a single form.
Initiating an ePASS form
- Log in to LOUIE (We recommend using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome).
- Submit a form for yourself in LOUIE under Self Service > ePASS Home Page.
- To submit a form on behalf of another person, go to Department Self Service > ePASS Evaluation Home Page.
- In order to initiate a form for an employee you supervise, you must be listed as the ‘Reports To’ for their position. For more information please visit the HR Reports To page.
Know the rules
All NAU employees and students should read and be familiar with the Appropriate Use of IT Resources.