Student Case Management Services
In partnership with Student Affairs and Information Technology Services, the Cline Library is now piloting a long term laptop loan program. Find out more here!
Supporting students so they can achieve their goals
Many students encounter difficult times during their college experience, due to either academic or personal reasons. These life events can interfere with a student’s ability to attain their goals. Students may struggle with knowing who to talk to or where to go to get help or have their questions answered.
Case Management at the Office of the Dean of Students is designed to support students throughout their college career in order to best achieve their academic and co-curricular goals.
Case Management staff supports students in identifying the heart of an issue, finding the appropriate resources, and developing an action plan. We support and empower our students to take action and advocate on their own behalf.
Common concerns and issues supported through Case Management Services include:
- Emotional distress/behavioral health concerns
- Death of a family member or close friend
- Serious illness
- Accident resulting in injury
- Hospitalization and post-hospitalization support
- Academic concerns related to a crisis
Examples of services offered:
- Faculty Notification Requests.
- Correspondence with faculty related to absences that fall into specific criteria. More information about this optional advocacy service provided by the Office of the Dean of Students located here.
- Emotional support (Case Management is not counseling or therapy)
- Student advocacy
- Navigating campus and community resources
- Coordination and follow-up support during and after a hospitalization
- Outreach to students in distress or who may have experienced a crisis
- Consultation with faculty/staff to support a student in distress
For more information, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at (928) 523-5181.