Is your student considering a fraternity or sorority?
Check out these great resources:
- National Panhellenic Conference Sorority Parents
- North-American Interfraternity Conference
- National Pan-Hellenic Council
- National Multicultural Greek Council
NAU Fraternity and Sorority Life
Are you interested in making new friends, gaining leadership experience, providing community service, and pursuing academic excellence? Look no further. Our Greek organizations provide a social and academic support system designed to give you a well-rounded and enriching college experience.
University “Recognized” vs. “Unrecognized” Fraternities and Sororities Accordion Closed
It is important for students and families to understand the differences between University “Recognized” and “Unrecognized” fraternities and sororities:
- A “Recognized” fraternity or sorority is one that is in good standing with the university. University-recognized fraternities and sororities are also recognized by one of the three Greek governing councils – the College Panhellenic Council, Interfraternity Council, or the United Greek Council. Recognized fraternities and sororities receive many privileges from the university including the ability to apply for funding, host/sponsor events on campus, utilize University facilities, and many others found here.
- An “Unrecognized” fraternity or sorority is not associated with the university. The organizations and their members do not receive any support or advisement from the university. Unrecognized fraternities and sororities may not participate in any university-sponsored activity and may not utilize any property owned, operated, leased or managed by Northern Arizona University. In some cases, the university may have severed its relationship with these organizations due to significant and serious concerns over the health and safety of our students and university community or the organization did not follow the proper procedure to become a recognized organization on campus but chooses to continue to operate as an organization without the recognition of the university. In either case, the university would strongly discourage maintaining or seeking membership in these organizations.
The following fraternities and sororities are unrecognized by Northern Arizona University:
- Tau Kappa Epsilon (may be operating as “The Club”)
For a list of our recognized fraternities and sororities please visit our List of Chapters
28,283hours of community service during the 2019-2020 academic year.
$134,097raised for various local and national philanthropies during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Learn more about our mission and values, getting involved, and frequently asked questions about fraternity and sorority life at NAU.
Find all of your information about councils, chapters, and forms, resources, and policies here.
Find out more about our expectations and accountability standards here.