Course Materials Assistance Program (CMAP)
The Course Materials Assistance Program Application for Fall 2023 is now closed.
Check and see if Cline Library might have some of your course materials.
Northern Arizona University’s Course Materials Assistance Program (CMAP) assists students with limited financial means in obtaining required course materials for classes by providing a $200 credit at the NAU Bookstore.
All rented materials must be returned to the bookstore pursuant to the rental agreement.
Tips Accordion Closed
- Acceptance is first come, first served!
- Set a reminder
- Access application on a Laptop with good Wi-Fi Connection
- Accessing on your cell phone can cause a lag and for you to miss the acceptance window
- Make sure to refresh the page at 9am to ensure you can access the application
- Once we reach capacity, we will no longer be accepting applications
- There will be no exceptions
- If you run into a problem with your application, contact us IMMEDIATELY!
- Phone Number: 928-523-5181
- Email: CMAP@nau.edu
- If you contact us after we close the application, we will provide you with additional resources
Eligibility Criteria Accordion Closed
To participate in the Course Material Assistance Program, you:
- Must be a first-time degree-seeking undergraduate student in good academic standing.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credits).
- Must be enrolled and attending Northern Arizona University (Mountain campus, online, state-wide)
- Must be eligible to receive financial aid and meet the definition of financially needy per Federal Title IV definitions.
- Must have a current FAFSA on file with the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- Please check your NAU LOUIE To Do List and submit any financial aid documents requested (i.e. Verification) and/or complete the Consent to Release Data checklist item. Consent is needed to be able to release FAFSA information.
What materials are offered? Accordion Closed
New, used, and rental materials are available for this program from the NAU bookstore only (online purchase or in-person). This program does not support anything purchased outside the on-campus bookstore.
How many materials may a student obtain? Accordion Closed
Students will be given a $200 voucher for course materials good for use at the NAU bookstore. Applications will be considered on a first come-first served basis.
If I get approved, what are the next steps? Accordion Closed
In order to redeem CMAP Bookstore credit participants must:
- Set up an NAU Bookstore Rental Account
- CMAP participants physically present at the Mountain Campus in Flagstaff must pick up their books in person at the NAU Bookstore starting the first day of the term.
- Participants will have an opportunity to purchase or decline additional materials beyond the $200 CMAP credit.
- When checking out at the Bookstore, participants should be prepared to present NAU ID to verify their participation in CMAP.
- Any CMAP Bookstore credit not redeemed within two weeks after the first day of the term will be revoked and that money returned to the CMAP program.
- Any rental materials must be returned to the Bookstore pursuant to the rental agreement.
- Participants requesting mailing will have $6.99 deducted from their $200 credit to cover the cost of outbound mailing.
- Participants who fail to return rental materials as required may be charged the cost of any non-returned materials.
- CMAP Bookstore credit may not be transferred, redeemed for cash or other Bookstore credit and is only applicable to the required course material of the qualified CMAP participant.
- If a participant uses less than their allotted $200 credit those unused funds are returned to the program.
Instructions to set up an NAU Bookstore rental account: Accordion Closed
- Go to bkstr.com
- Under “Find a School” select Northern Arizona University
- Scroll down to “Textbooks” at the very bottom of the webpage then select “Register for Text Rental”
- Either log in with your account information or “Create Account”
- Scroll down to “Sign up for Text Rental” and Select “Create Rental Agreement”
- Go to “Rental Account Information” and enter your NAU-specific account info that must be given to the bookstore and to Course Materials Assistance Program staff in order to get your books
- Enter YOUR card information because you will be responsible for returning your books and this card will only be charged if you DO NOT return your rental books.
Students are approved for the Course Materials Assistance Program based on a combination of factors that include but are not limited to: eligibility, financial need, and date the complete application was submitted.