Testimonials"My favorite presentation during this conference was the one about different leadership styles and how you can use those styles differently in certain situations. It was cool to learn about what styles apply to me, and how I can switch those styles up in the workplace." -2020 Conference Attendee
Student Leadership Conference
Inclusive Excellence and Your Leadership Journey
The NAU Student Leadership Conference is an annual conference that serves as the foundation of new and innovative leadership development for hundreds of college students across northern Arizona. This conference is designed to help students tap into and grow their leadership potential, both personally and professionally.
The theme for the 2023 conference is how all leaders are responsible for Inclusive Excellence work.
The 2023 conference will be held in person.
Friday, March 3 – 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Keynote Speaker
- Student Organization Performances
- Moving to action
Saturday, March 4 – 9:00am-3:00pm
- Lunch & Speaker
- Closing & Speaker
Saul Flores is a masterful storyteller, social innovator, and a powerful voice for change. Recognized for his innovative ideas, impactful projects, and visionary ventures. He has presented at over 250 universities nationwide, sharing his message with thousands of students from diverse backgrounds, earning him the distinction of being a leading national speaker.
The future of diversity includes transformation, connection, acceptance, and real change. Eboné Bell doesn’t want to just create change, she believes in creating intentional change. She encourages students to discover and explore how they show up in the world.
Who should attend
- Current and emerging college student leaders
- Those seeking an exciting day of connection, inspiration and empowerment
- Lumberjacks seeking college-level, new, and innovative leadership development information
- All students who are learning more about diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
- Students will learn how to infuse Inclusive Excellence into leadership practice.
- Students will examine their identities, and their positionality.
- Students will articulate the differences and connections between diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Students will connect with peers who share and don’t share their identities.
- Students will demonstrate and practice advocacy, utilizing their voice and identify ways to impact their actions.
The Student Leadership Conference model empowers NAU students to present to their fellow Lumberjacks. When you register, you will be asked if you are interested in being a presenter. If you select yes, you will work with our planning committee to create an interactive, engaging session. All presentations must be focused on Inclusive Excellence and include an interactive element. Sessions are 45-minutes in length and will have access to AV equipment.