Spring 2023 Advisor Meetings
- Friday, February 17 at 8:30am-9:30am via Zoom
- Friday, March 31 at 8:30am-9:30am via Zoom
Helping student organizations succeed
Advisors are an integral part to the success of our student organizations at Northern Arizona University. Advising is a rewarding experience as you build connections with students and support their efforts to impact our campus.
As an advisor, you have the potential to help our Lumberjacks exhibit their passions in unique ways. You provide valuable guidance, historical perspective, and leadership for what their student organization provides for NAU campus life. As a resource for the whole group—and especially the group leaders—you have a front-row seat for experiences that fast-track student development.
Advisors for registered student organizations must be employed as full-time NAU faculty and/or staff members. Below you will find resources to aid in your knowledge as an effective advisor.
Advisors love advising
When asked why they love advising a student organization, advisors shared:
- Watching the ‘a-ha’ moments and helping build confidence in leaders.
- Watching the students grow and learn.
- Watching students gain confidence!
- Seeing students go from timid first years to confident seniors.
- Building relationships with students.
- Cultivating Leaders and Building Lifelong Relationships!
- Working with students to meet their potential.
- Watching the growth and development of amazing students.
- Watching students get involved in things they are passionate about!
- Those moments where their ideas surprise me! : )
- Supporting Student Leaders.
- Supporting student growth!
- Seeing Students grow over four years!
- Watching the students grow in Leadership development
- Giving back to the campus community.