Office of the Registrar
Supporting academic success since 1899
The Office of the Registrar manages student academic records and course enrollments on behalf of the university community. For our most frequently used services please see topics below.
Submit your Requests for Services Virtually
Submit any form online Accordion Closed
All forms and approvals may be submitted electronically via your NAU email to the Registrar’s Office.
- Approvals can either be a signature on the form or a forwarded email from the approver’s NAU email account.
- Please make sure to include all NAU email approvals and/or signatures when submitting the form to the Registrar’s Office.
- Links to our forms can be found on our Forms page.
- You may also update your information on our Change of Information page.
Order your NAU transcript online Accordion Closed
You may order your transcript from the National Student Clearinghouse
Verify your NAU enrollment online Accordion Closed
Follow these steps to verify your enrollment:
- Login to LOUIE
- Click the “Academic Record” tile
- Click on “Enrollment Verification” on the left menu
- Complete “Processing Options” box
- Click “Submit”
- You may also complete a Paper based Enrollment Verification
- Additional Information on Enrollment Verification services
Apply for undergraduate graduation online Accordion Closed
Graduation is the process of awarding your degree. All students are required to apply for graduation. which verifies academic requirements for degree awarding on the transcript.
The Commencement Ceremony (Graduation Ceremony) is managed by the Office of Commencement.
Order your replacement diploma online Accordion Closed
- There is a $35.00 charge for each replacement diploma and/or certificate ordered.
- You may select Standard Delivery or Express Delivery, and Notary services are available for an Apostille.
- eDiplomas are a signed and certified PDF of your original paper diploma that can be used for verification purposes and can be forwarded as often as needed. There is a one-time charge of $10.00.
Complete Reverse Transfer Online Accordion Closed
Reverse transfer refers to a situation in which students have transferred to NAU from an Arizona community college without earning an associate degree. Credits earned while the student is at NAU are transferred back to the two-year institution for evaluation and, if applicable, will be used for an associate degree conferral.
Complete Reinstatement Online Accordion Closed
Reinstatement is the process of returning to the University after having been suspended.
Administrative Drop Accordion Closed
An instructor may drop a student from their class because they do not meet the pre-requisites and /or they never attended as outlined by the Administrative Drop Policy.
In doing so, courses become available to other students on the wait list. Additionally, this process helps prevent students from being in debt for courses they are not attending.
In order to Administratively Drop: Log into LOUIE; click on “Faculty Center”; click “Admin Drop”; select class; select students to drop; select a reason; click “Admin Drop”. You may also follow these step-by step instructions.
In order to Administratively Add or Swap, please submit the Admin Add/Swap Request form online by logging into the Central Authentication System (CAS).
The Administrative Request deadlines can be found on the Session Deadlines Calendar. Requests must be received before the deadlines for each session (ONE calendar day prior to the add deadline). Shorter session classes have pro-rated deadlines and do not follow the 16 week session timelines.
Dynamically Dated Session deadlines may not be the same as the regular sessions as outlined above. Requests must be received before the deadlines for each session (ONE calendar day prior to the add deadline). View the Dynamically Dated Session Deadlines for more information.
Administrative requests submitted after the deadline will not be processed.
Grading Accordion Closed
Changing a grade
If grades have already been posted by the Registrar’s Office (the deadline for grade submission has passed) submit an Electronic Change of Grade Form.
If grades have not been posted by the Registrar’s Office (before the deadline for grade submission):
- You can return to your grade roster to make changes.
- Change the status of the roster from “approved” to “not reviewed.”
- Make necessary changes and save.
- Change the status of the roster back to “approved” and save again.
You can do this as many times as necessary before the grading deadline.
FERPA Accordion Closed
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), is a federal law designed to protect the privacy of education records, to establish the right of students to inspect and review their education records, and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate and misleading data through informal and formal hearings. For answers to frequently asked questions, and more information, please review the FERPA FAQ page.