In order to earn a diploma or certificate a student must begin by applying for graduation:
- Students are typically eligible to apply for graduation when they have both Junior level academic status and 90 units (includes in-progress).
- A diploma is awarded for completing a degree at NAU.
- If you earn a certificate, that credential will be awarded to you in the form of a document in addition to and separate from a diploma.
- A $35.00 fee is charged for each diploma/certificate awarded.
- Graduation fees will be charged to your LOUIE Student Center once you have applied.
NAU prints the following on a diploma Accordion Closed
- *Emphasis (students graduating Fall 16 and later)
- Latin Honors if applicable
- Honors College completion (students graduating Fall 17 and later)
*May not be printed on some diplomas due to the text being redundant to the major, emphasis and / or degree text.
NAU does not print the following items on the diploma/certificate Accordion Closed
- College from which the degree was earned. For example, “College of Arts and Letters” will not print on the diploma
- Honors awarded from the former University Honors program
- Dean’s List
Timeline for receiving a diploma Accordion Closed
- You will receive your diploma 4 to 6 weeks after the term ends
- Your diploma is mailed to your “Diploma” address specified in your LOUIE Student Center
To update your name for graduation Accordion Closed
- Please submit a change of name form with the proper documentation to the Office of the Registrar, and indicate that you have applied for graduation on the form.
Order a Diploma Replacement or an eDiploma Accordion Closed
The following services are available online through our official diploma vendor, the Michael Sutter Company.
Order a replacement diploma online:
- There is a $35.00 charge for each replacement diploma and/or certificate ordered
- Choose Standard Delivery or Express Delivery
- Notary services are available for an Apostille.
Order an eDiploma:
- This is a signed and certified PDF of your original paper diploma that can be used for verification purposes.
- There is a one-time charge of $10.00
- An eDiploma is available within minutes of ordering
- An eDiploma can be forwarded as often as needed
- Check on the status of your diploma order
- You can check the status of both your first diploma or a replacement diploma