Office of the Registrar
Supporting academic success since 1899
The Office of the Registrar manages student academic records and course enrollments on behalf of the university community. For our most frequently used services please see topics below.
Submit your Requests for Services Virtually
Submit any form online Accordion Closed
All forms and approvals may be submitted electronically via your NAU email to the Registrar’s Office.
- Approvals can either be a signature on the form or a forwarded email from the approver’s NAU email account.
- Please make sure to include all NAU email approvals and/or signatures when submitting the form to the Registrar’s Office.
- Links to our forms can be found on our Forms page.
- You may also update your information on our Change of Information page.
Order your NAU transcript online Accordion Closed
You may order your transcript from the National Student Clearinghouse
Verify your NAU enrollment online Accordion Closed
Follow these steps to verify your enrollment:
- Login to LOUIE
- Click the “Academic Record” tile
- Click on “Enrollment Verification” on the left menu
- Complete “Processing Options” box
- Click “Submit”
- You may also complete a Paper based Enrollment Verification
- Additional Information on Enrollment Verification services
Apply for undergraduate graduation online Accordion Closed
Graduation is the process of awarding your degree. All students are required to apply for graduation. which verifies academic requirements for degree awarding on the transcript.
The Commencement Ceremony (Graduation Ceremony) is managed by the Office of Commencement.
Order your replacement diploma online Accordion Closed
- There is a $35.00 charge for each replacement diploma and/or certificate ordered.
- You may select Standard Delivery or Express Delivery, and Notary services are available for an Apostille.
- eDiplomas are a signed and certified PDF of your original paper diploma that can be used for verification purposes and can be forwarded as often as needed. There is a one-time charge of $10.00.
Academic Standing – Undergraduate Students Accordion Closed
Academic Standing informs the university of a student’s success. Good Academic Standing is required to graduate from all universities and colleges. When a cumulative GPA is below 2.0 it shows a need for the student to take action to improve their success and avoid consequences. NAU has a new Academic Standing Policy, replacing the previous Academic continuation policy, effective 8-28-2023.
Please review our Academic Standing FAQ page for commonly asked questions.
Complete Reinstatement Online Accordion Closed
Reinstatement is the process of returning to the University after having been academically paused.
FERPA Release Accordion Closed
The Lumberjack Family Hub will allow you to connect to your student by sending them a request to access their records.
- To connect to your student, click the graduation cap icon in the top-right corner of the page. Please note that your student must approve the request. Only then will you be able to access their information the following day.
- Enter either the student’s personal email address used on their admissions application if this is the first semester they are attending Northern Arizona University or, if they are a continuing student enter their Northern Arizona University email address.
- Parents and family can request access to:
- Academic Records – Office of the Registrar
- Financial Aid Records – Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Student Financial Records – Student and Departmental Accounts
- Once access is granted, the requester must wait 24 hours to view the requested information.
Administrative Drop Accordion Closed
An instructor may drop a student from their class because they do not meet the pre-requisites and /or they never attended as outlined by the Administrative Drop Policy.
In doing so, courses become available to other students on the wait list. Additionally, this process helps prevent students from being in debt for courses they are not attending.
In order to Administratively Drop: Log into LOUIE; click on “Faculty Center”; click “Admin Drop”; select class; select students to drop; select a reason; click “Admin Drop”. You may also follow these step-by step instructions.
In order to Administratively Add or Swap, please submit the Admin Add/Swap Request form online by logging into the Central Authentication System (CAS).
The Administrative Request deadlines can be found on the Session Deadlines Calendar. Requests must be received before the deadlines for each session (ONE calendar day prior to the add deadline). Shorter session classes have pro-rated deadlines and do not follow the 16 week session timelines.
Dynamically Dated Session deadlines may not be the same as the regular sessions as outlined above. Requests must be received before the deadlines for each session (ONE calendar day prior to the add deadline). View the Dynamically Dated Session Deadlines for more information.
Administrative requests submitted after the deadline will not be processed.
Grading Accordion Closed
Changing a grade
If grades have already been posted by the Registrar’s Office (the deadline for grade submission has passed) submit an Electronic Change of Grade Form.
If grades have not been posted by the Registrar’s Office (before the deadline for grade submission):
- You can return to your grade roster to make changes.
- Change the status of the roster from “approved” to “not reviewed.”
- Make necessary changes and save.
- Change the status of the roster back to “approved” and save again.
You can do this as many times as necessary before the grading deadline.
FERPA Accordion Closed
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), is a federal law designed to protect the privacy of education records, to establish the right of students to inspect and review their education records, and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate and misleading data through informal and formal hearings. For answers to frequently asked questions, and more information, please review the FERPA FAQ page.
Final Exam Schedule
Make a Public Records Request
Requests should be made through NAU’s public portal at NextRequest. Users who sign up for a free account on the NextRequest portal can make requests, track their status and download records all in one location. Alternatively, requests can be directed to NAU Communications. To do so, fill out and sign the public records request form and email it to NAUComm@nau.edu. When making a request, please include as much detail as possible, such as the date range of the request, what specific public record or information is being requested and any other supporting details to assist with identifying the requested records.
Many of NAU’s records are available online. If your request is related to:
- Budget: Check NAU’s budget book, which goes back six years.
- Enrollment and other data: Institutional Research and Analysis
- Employee contact information: NAU directory