Important graduation information
All undergraduate students who wish to graduate from Northern Arizona University must file a graduation application. Note that graduation and commencement are separate concepts and events.
Graduate students must follow the Graduate College instructions for graduation.
Graduation v Commencement Accordion Closed
Graduation – Graduation refers to the fulfillment of degree requirements and the conferral of a degree.
- For more information about Latin Honors, please review the Latin Honors information.
Commencement – The public ceremony to celebrate your accomplishments.
- Your graduation application will initiate the graduation process toward the conferral of your degree, as well as reserve your spot in the commencement ceremony. Participating in commencement does not mean that you have graduated.
- For more information about Commencement, please visit the Commencement site.
Graduation application Accordion Closed
The graduation application is an online process in order to facilitate your transition to graduation:
- Please make sure to check your Academic Advisement Report (AAR) in your LOUIE Student Center to ensure that all degree requirements have been satisfied.
- If you have additional questions or concerns regarding your AAR, please contact your Academic Advisor.
- If there is a problem with your pending graduation, you will be notified via your NAU email.
- Continue to check your NAU email account after the term has finished until you have received your diploma.
Transfer credits Accordion Closed
If you are transferring credits, you will need to send official transcripts from the other institutions. Unofficial transcripts will not satisfy your graduation requirements. Please send all official transcripts to:
Northern Arizona University
PO Box 4084
Flagstaff, AZ 86011
Once your transcripts have been processed, you will be able to view the coursework taken at the other institutions on your NAU unofficial transcripts, which you can access through your LOUIE Student Center. Due to the high volume of transcripts being processed by the Transfer Center, it may take 4-6 weeks for the transferred coursework to appear on your NAU transcript.