Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if my graduation application is denied?
If you have not satisfied the requirements for graduation within the set time frame, your graduation application will be denied. Once all of the deficiencies have been resolved and you are ready to graduate, you will need to reapply for graduation.
What is the graduation fee?
A $35.00 graduation fee will be charged for each degree and/or certificate. Graduation fees are charged to your LOUIE Student Center once you have applied. If your application is denied due to deficiencies, the $35 per degree/certificate fee(s) will NOT be refunded. If you re-apply for graduation, the appropriate fees will be charged to your account. Please note that the graduation fee WILL NOT be waived due to low income status or other circumstances.
- Have 90 units included in-progress.
- Junior level status.
To reactivate your NAU email account, contact the NAU Student Help Desk by calling 928-523-9294 or visit ITS Support.
Please visit the Student Accounts website for more information on making payments.
The Student Accounts Area suggests you contact their office for the routing information to do a wire transfer to pay all Graduation Fees. You can contact them via email.
The Office of the Registrar does not provide verification of pending graduation to you prior to your degree being awarded. Please contact your Academic Advisor to request an official letter stating that you’re on track for graduation.
- Graduation Application Deadline – You will have your name printed in the Commencement Booklet and if any unforeseen problems arise with graduation this date provides more time for you to take corrective action.
- Late Graduation Application Deadline– Final Date to apply for graduation and have your name printed in the Commencement Booklet.
- Winter term graduates that apply for graduation prior to the fall commencement booklet deadline will have their name printed in the fall commencement booklet.
- Summer term undergraduates that apply for graduation prior to the spring commencement booklet deadline will have their name printed in the spring commencement booklet.
- Graduation Application Close Date– Final date you can apply for graduation for any given term.
When is the last day to award a degree for a graduation term?
|Graduation Term Close
- Graduation Term Close – Final date graduation applications are reviewed for a specific graduation term. If you have not met your graduation requirements by this date, and you have not contacted the Office of the Registrar, the graduation application will be denied and you will need to reapply for graduation.
I didn’t find my question/answer. Who can I contact?
- Questions regarding the commencement ceremony can be directed to email@example.com.
- Questions regarding cap and gown, honor pins/cords, announcements, etc. can be directed to the NAU Bookstore.
- Questions regarding the graduation application, graduation fee(s), or diploma can be directed to Graduation@nau.edu.
- Questions regarding the graduation process for graduate students can be directed to the Graduate College.