Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat happens if my graduation application is denied? If you have not satisfied the requirements for graduation within the set time frame, your graduation application will be denied. Once all of the deficiencies have been resolved and you are ready to graduate, you will need to reapply for graduation. What is the graduation fee? A $35.00 graduation fee will be charged for each degree and/or certificate. Graduation fees are charged to your LOUIE Student Center once you have applied. If your application is denied due to deficiencies, the $35 per degree/certificate fee(s) will NOT be refunded. If you re-apply for graduation, the appropriate fees will be charged to your account. Please note that the graduation fee WILL NOT be waived due to low income status or other circumstances.
When am I eligible to apply for graduation?
Students are typically eligible to apply to graduate when they fulfill both of the following requirements:
- Have 90 units included in-progress.
- Junior level status.
I no longer have access to my NAU email account, how can I reactivate my email? To reactivate your NAU email account, contact the NAU Student Help Desk by calling 928-523-9294 or visit ITS Support.
I no longer have access to my LOUIE account, how can I pay my graduation fee along with any outstanding tuition or fees? Please visit the Student Accounts website for more information on making payments.
I am currently out of the country, how do I make a payment on my student account? The Student Accounts Area suggests you contact their office for the routing information to do a wire transfer to pay all Graduation Fees. You can contact them via email or call 866-234-6153.
I need verification of my pending degree but have not yet graduated, where can I get an official letter stating I'm on track for graduation? The Office of the Registrar does not provide verification of pending graduation to you prior to your degree being awarded. Please contact your Academic Advisor to request an official letter stating that you’re on track for graduation.
What are the graduation dates?
Please review the Graduation Deadlines webpage for the following deadlines:
- Graduation Application Deadline - You will have your name printed in the Commencement Booklet and if any unforeseen problems arise with graduation this date provides more time for you to take corrective action.
- Late Graduation Application Deadline- Final Date to apply for graduation and have your name printed in the Commencement Booklet.
- Winter term graduates that apply for graduation prior to the fall commencement booklet deadline will have their name printed in the fall commencement booklet.
- Summer term undergraduates that apply for graduation prior to the spring commencement booklet deadline will have their name printed in the spring commencement booklet.
- Graduation Application Close Date– Final date you can apply for graduation for any given term.
|Graduation Term||Graduation Term Close|
- Graduation Term Close - Final date graduation applications are reviewed for a specific graduation term. If you have not met your graduation requirements by this date, and you have not contacted the Office of the Registrar, the graduation application will be denied and you will need to reapply for graduation.
I didn't find my question/answer. Who can I contact?
- Questions regarding the commencement ceremony can be directed to email@example.com.
- Questions regarding cap and gown, honor pins/cords, announcements, etc. can be directed to the NAU Bookstore.
- Questions regarding the graduation application, graduation fee(s), or diploma can be directed to Graduation@nau.edu.
- Questions regarding the graduation process for graduate students can be directed to the Graduate College.