AU-ABC partnership contactCecilia Torres Academic Program Coordinator, Veteran & Military Services 928-523-7231 Cecilia.Torres@nau.edu
Serving our military-connected students and families by focusing on exemplary service, professionalism, and respect.
Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) program
As a member of the United States Air Force and by completing your Associate of Applied Science degree through the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), you can continue your education and earn your bachelor’s degree through NAU’s partnership with the Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) program. The AU-ABC program is designed to transfer credit hours earned from your CCAF degree and apply those credits toward completing a Bachelor of Applied Science. You could be up to sixty credits away from completing an undergraduate degree.
NAU is an accredited, nationally recognized, military-friendly university that offers Department of Defense (DoD) tuition assistance rates for eligible approved service members. AU-ABC partnership degrees are fully online so you can earn your degree no matter where you are assigned.
Current AU-ABC partnered degrees
- Emergency Management
- Justice Studies
- Public Administration
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Industrial Leadership
NAU continues to explore and evaluate new AU-ABC degree opportunities. If you have completed your CCAF degree and NAU has not yet evaluated your specific degree, contact us so we can fully explore all transfer credit possibilities for your specific CCAF degree.
Online degree options that may be considered for your specific CCAF degree:
- Business degree programs
- Health Sciences
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Explore all online bachelor’s degree options
Applying for the AU-ABC program is simple and fast:
- Apply for admissions. Typically, you will be considered a transfer student
- Request official transcripts be sent directly to NAU. This includes your CCAF and any college or university where your completed coursework.
- Upload your program plan to the AF portal and request tuition assistance (optional).
- Your program plan will be sent to your student email account after NAU has received and evaluated all of your transcripts.
- Requesting transfer funding is optional for those airmen who qualify.
Tuition and fees
The Northern Arizona University tuition for airmen and other military personnel who qualify for DoD tuition assistance is $250 per credit hour–the maximum covered by DoD. Read more about our tuition and fees. Be sure to review the numerous financial aid options, scholarships, and reduced tuition for active duty.
Why Northern Arizona University?
- Respected – Earn your degree from a fully accredited public university.
- Flexible – Take classes online or, if you are in Arizona, take classes in person at one of our statewide locations.
- Accelerated – Complete your AU-ABC requirements quickly with multiple class start dates.
- Helpful – Access student services and advisors online.
- Affordable – Take advantage of DoD tuition assistance and financial aid opportunities on top of already-low tuition rates and fees.