Northern Arizona University once again ranks as the top school for military veterans in Arizona and the top third of colleges and universities nationally. The number of NAU students receiving Veteran Education Benefits increases each year – we are dedicated to serving our students quickly and efficiently. Contact us today for more information.
Financial Aid Scholarships Tab Open
Academic Depts. Tab Closed
External scholarships Tab Closed
SMART Tab Closed
Financial Aid Scholarships Accordion Open
- The Major General Earl and Nadia Matthews Military Spouse Scholarship
- Recently developed to support spouses of currently deployed service members, Veterans of all wars, and active duty service members. It has been established in spring 2018 and we will be selecting students for the award this fall.
- J. Gordon McKenzie Scholarship
- Developed to help support Veterans who served oversees and are involved on campus and / or in the community. Covers general expenses in pursuing a degree.
- John Joyce Scholarship
- This scholarship shall be disbursed one-half for fall semester and one-half for spring semester. The criteria for selection will include the following requirements and considerations: Must Be a Military Veteran student, preference will be given to students who are Marine Corps Veterans.
- The Military Spouse Scholarship
- Available to spouses of currently serving military members or Veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Academic Depts. Accordion Closed
- Joseph F. And Corinne J. Dox Scholarship
- Established by Joseph F. (’70) and Corinne J. Dox. Awarded to business undergraduate students honorably discharged from military service.
- Ray Sparks Scholarship for Veteran Business Students
- Established by Karen Sparks in honor of her husband Ray Sparks. Mr. Sparks retired after 40 years as a business educator at Pima Community College, and is a proud veteran and advocate for higher education. Mrs. Sparks honors his dedication to veteran causes and higher education with this scholarship.
- CMC Louis C. Bozeman Scholarships
- CMC Louis C. Bozeman, USN, ret. proudly served his country for 39 years. During his retirement years, he helped many Veterans in his community obtain their post-military benefits. This scholarship is our way of continuing his commitment to Veterans who have served in the United States of America Armed Services. FCB Veteran Business Students
External scholarships Accordion Closed
SMART Accordion Closed
Science Mathematics and Research for Transformation (SMART)
The SMART Scholarship-for-Service Program was established as a concentrated effort to enhance the Department of Defense (DoD) workforce with talented, innovative and brilliant scientists, engineers and researchers. For over a decade, SMART Scholars have been working within labs and agencies of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Additional DoD to support the warfighter and create an impact to secure our nation.
SMART Scholars enter the program to pursue their education in some of the leading STEM fields currently in high demand by the United States Government. The program offers scholarships for bachelors, masters and PhD students pursuing STEM. While in school, students will receive full tuition, monthly stipends, health insurance and book allowances, as well as summer internships that range from 8 to 12 weeks. Upon degree completion, scholars begin working in a civilian position with their sponsoring facility. The internships and work experience allow scholars the opportunity to learn from the greatest minds in STEM and defense. Not only do scholars pursue their passions in their respective field during their educational phase, but they begin a journey towards an empowering career to protect national security.