Military-Connected Student Orientation
Please Note: To ensure timely payment processing of your VA benefits, it is important to complete all required steps at least 4 to 6 weeks before the term begins, if possible.
Fall 2023 Orientation and VMS Virtual Education Benefit Info Sessions are crucial steps in a smooth transition to Northern Arizona University. Current and Prior Military Service Members as well as Military-Connected Dependents/Spouses are asked to complete the following items for Fall 2023 enrollment:
- IN-PERSON ORIENTION: Attention Flagstaff Mountain Campus Student Veterans/Guard/Reserves: Attend the In-Person 1 day Student Veteran Orientation – Thursday, August 24th, 2023. Meals included.
Register for in-person orientation!
- ALL INCOMING STUDENTS: Complete the Online Orientation before August 24th. Start your online orientation experience here.
- The online portion of the orientation experience should take approximately 2.5 hours to complete. The Online Orientation will provide you with tools for success to use during your academic career. We have added important information specifically for military-connect students.
- Completing this online orientation will also provide you with access to the PRIORITY ENROLLMENT form.
- Priority Enrollment is the quickest way to get an academic advising appointment and to get your course schedule.
- BENEFIT RECIPIENTS: Will you be using the GI Bill®, VR&E, or DODTA education benefits this term? If yes, you are expected to attend a VMS education benefit info session via Zoom in addition to completing the Online Orientation. These targeted sessions will be essential for timely processing of your benefits, and we encourage you to sign up as early as possible.
Tuesday June 13th: National Guard & Reserves
Wednesday June 14th: Dependent Children & Spouses
Thursday June 15th: Active Duty, Retired, Prior Services
Register for the 1-hour Zoom benefit info-sessions!
If you are unable to attend the VMS education benefit info sessions or if you are visiting this site after your session has occurred, please send us an email to email@example.com with your name and student ID number so we may ensure you are provided this crucial information.