GEM program contactCecilia Torres Program Coordinator, Veteran & Military Services 928-523-7231 Cecilia.Torres@nau.edu
Serving our Military-Connected students and families by focusing on exemplary service, professionalism, and respect.
The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) General Education Mobile (GEM) is an approved educational partnership with Northern Arizona University. The partnership permits airmen to complete 15 general education credits in a single block of courses in order to meet CCAF AAS degree requirement via online classes. NAU offers convenient 8-week online courses.
NAU courses are offered in five general areas: Mathematics, Written Communication, Oral Communication, Social Sciences, and Humanities. Military students must complete a class from each area- either online or on-site at one of NAU’s statewide locations.
For CCAF students who only what to take general education courses from NAU, there is a shorter, easier application NAU has to assist GEM students. Note: The application fee is waived for military. Be sure to select the Extended Campuses application.
NAU is a regionally accredited, nationally recognized, military-friendly University that offers DoD Tuition Assistance rates for eligible and approved service members.
General education classes for military students
CCAF GEM requirement – NAU college courses
- Humanities – ARH142 WESTERN ART SINCE 1400
- Humanities – ART 100 – ART APPRECIATION
- Humanities – HUM 101 – INTRODUCTION TO HUMANITIES
- Humanities – HUM 120 – THE SEARCH FOR MEANING
- Humanities – REL 150 – RELIGIONS OF THE WORLD
- Humanities – SPA 101 – FIRST YEAR SPANISH
- Humanities – SPA 102 – FIRST YEAR SPANISH
- Mathematics – MAT 114 – QUANTITATIVE REASONING
- Mathematics – MAT121 FINITE MATHEMATICS WITH CALCULUS
- Mathematics MAT131 TOPICS IN CALCULUS
- Oral Communication – CST 111 – FUNDAMENTALS OF PUBLIC SPEAKING
- Social Sciences – ANT 104 – LOST TRIBES AND BURIED CITIES
- Social Sciences – POS 110 – AMERICAN POLITICS
- Social Sciences – POS 120 – WORLD POLITICS
- Social Sciences – PSY 101 – INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY
- Social Sciences – SOC 101 – INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
- Social Sciences – SOC 215 – RACE AND ETHIC RELATIONS
- Written Communication – ENG 105 – CRITICAL READING AND WRITING IN THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY
CCAF students desiring to obtain a bachelor’s degree from NAU should submit an Extended Campuses Transfer application for admission.
Find out more about our online degree programs today.
Tuition & Fees
The Northern Arizona University tuition for airmen and other military personnel who qualify and are approved for DoD Tuition Assistance is $250 per credit hour–the maximum covered by DoD. Read more about our tuition and fees. Be sure to review the numerous financial aid options, scholarships and reduced tuition for active duty.
Why Northern Arizona University?
- Respected – Earn your degree from a fully accredited public university.
- Flexible – Take classes online or, if you are in Arizona, take classes in-person at one of our statewide locations.
- Accelerated – Complete your AU-ABC requirements quickly with multiple class start dates.
- Helpful – Access student services and advisors online.
- Affordable – Take advantage of DoD Tuition Assistance and financial aid opportunities on top of already-low tuition rates and fees.