Student Activities Council
Event proposal/request for funds
The Northern Arizona University Student Activities Council (STAC) provides financial support for events that enhance and enrich students’ lives on the Flagstaff campus. Any department or registered student organization can apply for STAC funding. Student organizations seeking funding of less than $1,000 should also consider applying for funding through the Associated Students of Northern Arizona University (ASNAU) funding process.
Proposal submission information
Proposal requirements and timelines Accordion Closed
- Funded events must be open to all students and take place on the Flagstaff campus. Funded events must be intended to appeal to a wide range of student interests or areas of study.
- Additional scrutiny will be placed on requests to fund items that will be kept by the student organization for future use or events that raise funds for the sponsoring student organization or department. Funded items or activities must be available to all attendees.
- Although typically not approved, requests for food are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- STAC cannot allocate funds for charitable organizations or gifts.
- The maximum amount of funding for any one event is $15,000. If a group or department submits more than one proposal during the course of an academic year the total of all funds awarded will not exceed $15,000.
- If a group or department submits a proposal for an event that has been funded by STAC in previous years, the following funding guidelines will apply:
- In the second year, the proposal may be funded for up to $10,000.
- In the third year, the proposal may be funded for up to $7,500.
- In the fourth and subsequent years, the proposal may be funded for up to $5,000 at the discretion of the committee.
- Card scanners will be used by STAC members at STAC-funded events to gather general information, such as academic level and major, about student attendees.
Additional information before submission Accordion Closed
- Proposals should be submitted no less than 45 calendar days prior to the event.
- Proposals are reviewed in the order they are received.
- STAC will notify the Event Coordinator (person submitting a proposal) to arrange a formal presentation during a regularly scheduled meeting.
- The presentation cannot exceed 5 minutes. The committee then has 5 minutes for questions.
- STAC meetings are held on Fridays from 10 to 11 am during the fall and spring semesters. The committee does not meet during the summer.
- Unless additional information is requested, proposals will be voted on by STAC immediately following the presentation. Requests may be funded fully, partially, or denied.
- Once a decision is reached, the presenter will be notified within two business days.
- If awarded money by STAC, the student group must schedule a meeting with a STAC Adviser within 3 business days of funding approval to review event planning, funding details, and funding procedures.
For a complete list of STAC funding policies, please visit the STAC website.