Insurance and payment
In response to the rising need, healthcare providers are moving into a new area to provide telemedicine services at Campus Health Services. Telemedicine lowers risk of exposure while maintaining accessibility to your healthcare provider. Telemedicine visits are billable services but all insurance plans may not cover telemedicine, even in these changing times.
We advise all patients who wish to utilize CHS telemedicine for medical or psychiatric care to reach out to their insurance company. Ask whether Telemedicine services are a covered benefit under your plan. Telemedicine services will be billed at the same cost as an in-office, In person visit.
Our services are available for all currently-enrolled Northern Arizona University students who have paid the mandatory semester Health and Recreation Fee. Insurance is not required to receive our services; however, it is suggested. Services are also available for Northern Arizona University staff and faculty and their adult dependents.
You can choose from these four plan options in order to get treatment from Medical Services:
- Fee for Service: You pay for individual services and are charged $58 per office visit along with any other labs or procedures you have done.
- LouieCare: You pay $135 per semester and most services provided by Medical Services are covered with a $10 co-pay per service.
- The LouieCare must be paid in full to be in effect. Any services received before the plan is paid in full will not be covered at the discounted rate.
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP): This group health insurance product is offered by all three state universities in Arizona and provides group coverage to students who are uninsured, need a less expensive alternative, or need an Arizona provider network. Primary care is covered at Medical Services with a $15 co-pay for each office visit and $10 for any lab.
- Your own contracted insurance: We are currently contracted with Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna, United Healthcare, and TriCare. We are currently not contracted with any state Medicaid plans, including AHCCCS plans.
- CHS must receive insurance information (copy of front and back of card) in order to bill any contracted insurance. You may upload your card images prior to your appointment through the patient portal: www.campushealth.nau.edu. The card may also be uploaded at your appointment. If the insurance information is received after the date of service, any incurred charges may become the patient’s responsibility.
- An Insurance Billing Form must be completed and presented with your insurance card in order to bill for services.
- Any copays, deductibles, or denied charges may be posted to the LOUIE account. You should verify your benefits through your insurance company and if you are from outside the Arizona network or have an HMO, you should check with your plan to verify coverage.
- CHS uses a 3rd party laboratory service (Sonora Quest) for certain lab services and you may receive an additional bill from Sonora Quest.
For additional information contact our insurance office at 928-523-6343.