Campus Health Services
Supporting a Healthy NAU
How is CHS Responding to COVID-19?
Campus Health Services is concerned about your health and has taken measures to keep you and our staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We remain open and are available to see patients both in person and thru HIPAA-protected telehealth services in both Medical Services and Counseling Services. Our Health Promotion department offers virtual online educational opportunities and programs.
To keep you safe, our clinic adheres to the most recent CDC guidelines for infection prevention and control. We have introduced care models that minimize the risk of the transmission of illness during your visit, such as:
- COVID-19 symptom screening, including temperature checks, for all patients upon arrival.
- Separate waiting and patient care areas to keep contagious patients separated from patients who are here for non-contagious illness and care.
- Face masks are required.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the clinic.
- Sneeze guards in close-contact areas.
- Floor signage to assist with physical distancing.
- Staggered scheduling to minimize clinic traffic and congestion
- Our online Patient Portal allows you to contact your provider or review test results without having to come in.
- As required annually, our medical staff has completed training in respiratory protection, hand hygiene, and the use of personal protective equipment.
In response to the rising need, healthcare providers are moving into a new area to provide telemedicine services at Campus Health Services. Going forward, many appointments will be done via phone or Zoom Health (HIPAA compliant). Telemedicine lowers risk of exposure while maintaining accessibility to your healthcare provider.
Please fill out the Telehealth Informed Consents for Medical or Counseling if you plan to utilize services. This can be done by logging into your Portal here, and clicking FORMS on the left menu.
Telemedicine visits are billable services but all insurance plans may not cover telemedicine, even in these changing times.
We advise all patients who wish to utilize CHS telemedicine for medical or psychiatric care to reach out to their insurance company. Ask whether Telemedicine services are a covered benefit under your plan. Telemedicine services will be billed at the same cost as an in-office, in person visit. Students with LouieCare may still utilize their plan and access care from their CHS providers via Telemedicine visits. Telemedicine visits will be billed at the same low cost as an in-office visit. Please call ahead for your appointments.
Click here for further COVID information.
Click here to request Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Our Student Affairs Offices are available virtually. We recommend you access these services online or by phone. If you need to see someone in person, our offices remain open, and we ask that you practice social distancing and use hand sanitizer. Student Affairs still welcomes students in our spaces; however, please use safe practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19.CHS online services