Employee Services coordinates payroll, position posting, the hiring process, on-boarding, and training for benefit eligible part-time temp and student employees of the Capital Planning and Campus Operations Division.
We support these units:
- Facility Services
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Office of Space Management
- Contracts, Purchasing, and Risk Management
- Campus Services and Activities
- University Housing
- NAU Police Department
- University Transit Services
- Postal Services
Apply online for CaPCOT jobs Accordion Closed
We encourage you to view all current NAU job postings and apply for regular positions online: NAU HR Staff Job Openings
- Benefit eligible and part-time temp positions: Careers at NAU
- Student positions: join or sign in to Handshake and navigate to the NAU Capital Planning and Campus Operations page to see job openings and apply.
If you have questions regarding CaPCOT job openings, please contact CaPCOT-Employee Services.
Recruiting (for CaPCOT hiring supervisors) Accordion Closed
The documents below will assist with the CaPCOT hiring process. Contact CaPCOT-Employee Services if you have any questions or to request guidance:
- New CaPCOT hiring process – CaPCOT use only
- New Hire process workflow
- Justification for hire OnBase request form – CaPCOT use only
- Hire packet tool – CaPCOT use only
- Interview questions template – CaPCOT use only
- Hire memo template – CaPCOT use only
- New employee checklist – Human Resources
- CaPCOT onboarding – Coming soon!
Hiring student workers:
- Student worker hire process – CaPCOT use only
- Fill in and return the information on the form above to CaPCOT-Employee Services
- Student worker hire process workflow
- Federal Work Study – CaPCOT Employee Services will check all students for FWS eligibility.
- Federal Work Study calculation worksheet – Use this spreadsheet to calculate the balance of FWS aid a student has remaining.
- Student compensation – Effective July 1, 2019, the lowest paid wage (LPW) for student employees will be $10.00 per hour.
- Resources for on-campus employers
Payroll and position management Accordion Closed
- Payroll Information – information regarding payroll from the Human Resources website.
- Time & Labor Reporting
- FLSA Non-Exempt Employees are required to enter their time every pay period.
- Supervisors are responsible for reviewing and approving time entries for their assigned employees by the pay period closing (every other Monday by 10:00 AM).
- NAU Payroll Schedule (6/17/19-7/12/20)
- CaPCOT Employee Services will initiate ePARs for hire, pay rate/title change, position transfers, reports to changes, and terminations.
- How to send information to CaPCOT Employee Services: ePAR Template Requests.
- Special assignment
- Work with your department head and VP to submit a Special Assignment Request form to Human Resources. Once the form has been approved by HR, send the final documentation to CaPCOT-Employee Services to initiate the ePAR.
- Mobile phone allowance policy
Forms Accordion Closed
- Flex schedule form – CaPCOT use only
- Home use of university equipment
- Fill out this form if you or an employee is working remotely and will be taking NAU property off campus.
Appraisals and evaluations Accordion Closed
Performance Appraisals are conducted annually (7/1 – 6/30). Visit the Human Resources Performance Management webpage for more information and visit the Human Resources Forms Index for Self-performance Appraisal forms and the Supervisor form.