Employee Services coordinates payroll/time approval, manages position funding, and provides support for data reporting of benefit eligible, part-time temp, and student employees of the Capital Planning and Campus Operations Division.
We support these units:
- Facility Services
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Office of Space Management
- Campus Services and Activities
- NAU Police Department
- University Transit Services
- Postal Services
SDT Responsibility Accordion Closed
As of March 22, 2021, the Human Resource Service Delivery Team will be handling all Employee Service requests to include: Post and Recruit for a Staff Position, Post and Fill a Student Position (Handshake), New Employee Onboarding, Offboarding (terminations), and ePARs for Job Changes (pay rate/title changes, special assignments, and position transfers). The Fremont Service Team will be the main contact for CaPCOT Departments.
- Use the Employee Service Center portal to enter any Financial and Human Resource transaction requests.
Apply online for CaPCOT jobs Accordion Closed
We encourage you to view all current NAU job postings and apply for regular positions online: NAU HR Staff Job Openings
- Benefit eligible and part-time temp positions: Careers at NAU
- Student positions: join or sign in to Handshake.
If you have questions regarding CaPCOT job openings, please contact CaPCOT-Employee Services.
Justification for hire Accordion Closed
Prior to submitting a ticket to Post and Fill a Staff Position with the Service Delivery Team, it is required to get Vice President and President approval for requesting a new or replacing a current position. Fill out the form below for Position Review.
- Justification for hire OnBase request form – CaPCOT use only
NOTE: Please have a written justification and job description prepared prior to starting the form. The Service Delivery Team can assist with preparing the job description if needed.
Onboarding resources Accordion Closed
These resources are for onboarding new full-time, part-time, and student employees.
Click on the links below for NAU’s:
Hiring student workers:
- Federal Work Study – CaPCOT Employee Services will check all students for FWS eligibility.
- Federal Work Study calculation worksheet – Use this spreadsheet to calculate the balance of FWS aid a student has remaining.
- Student compensation
- Resources for on-campus employers
Payroll Accordion Closed
- Payroll Information – information regarding payroll from the Human Resources website.
- Time & Labor Reporting
- FLSA Non-Exempt Employees are required to enter their time every pay period.
- Supervisors are responsible for reviewing and approving time entries for their assigned employees by the pay period closing (every other Monday by 10:00 AM).
- Off-Cycle Check Request
- If an employee does not get paid, reach out the CaPCOT Employee Services to request an Off-Cycle Check Request form be submitted. Provide the employee name, ID number, and the dates/time(s) the employee was not paid from their time sheet.
Position management Accordion Closed
- New positions
- Send an email to CaPCOT Employee Services with the HR Department, Job Title, Job Code, Funding Source, and Reports to Position number.
- Funding changes
- Send an email to CaPCOT Employee Services with the POS number, Employee ID, and new funding Speedchart number.
- Special assignment
- Work with your department head and VP to submit a Special Assignment Request form to Human Resources. Once the form has been approved by HR, send the final documentation to CaPCOT-Employee Services to initiate the ePAR.
- Mobile phone allowance
- Federal Work Study student workers
Forms Accordion Closed
- Flexible Work/Telecommuting Request Form
- This OnBase form will route to your supervisor for approval.
- Note: all flex schedule requests are reviewed by the department head/VP.
- HR Flexible Work Schedule and Telework
- Home use of university equipment
- Fill out this form if you or an employee is working remotely and will be taking NAU property off campus.
Appraisals and evaluations Accordion Closed