CaPCOT Financials provides support and oversight of accounting and financial functions throughout the Capital Planning and Campus Operations division.
We support these units:
- Facility Services
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Office of Space Management
- Contracts, Purchasing, and Risk Management
- Campus Services and Activities
- University Housing
- NAU Police Department
- University Transit Services
- Postal Services
Purchase requests Accordion Closed
COVID-19 purchasing policy update Accordion Closed
Effective immediately: all cleaners, disinfectants, hand sanitizers, and Personal Protective Equipment which includes, but is not limited to masks, clothing, helmets, goggles, or other garments or equipment designed to protect the wearer’s body from injury or infection (PPE), will be centralized and may only be purchased through NAU Campus Supply.
*See other resources below.
PCard reconciliation Accordion Closed
NOTE: All PCard transactions are required to be reconciled by the end of the period closing, per the Comptroller’s Office. CaPCOT Financials suggests that you reconcile your PCard weekly to allow time for review and to make corrections.
Approvals for invoice payments Accordion Closed
- Financials receives invoices from NAU Accounts Payable, vendors, and departments for payment. Invoices must be paid no later than 30 days from the invoice date. Payment due dates are shorter for some construction and applicable discounts.
- NAU requires approval by the requestor to verify the charges on the invoice are correct and all materials have been received (POLICY PUR 600-01). Financials will send an email requesting approval for payment:
- The requestor will need to respond within 3 business days to approve for payment or notify Financials of a dispute in progress.
- It is the responsibility of the requestor to contact the vendor if there are any issues with the invoice (incorrect charges, missing/damaged product, etc.). Contact Financials for assistance and include CaPCOT-Financials on all email correspondence.
Fiscal year end Accordion Closed
Please refer to the Comptroller’s Office Fiscal Year End Calendar for specific cutoff dates for creating year-end purchase orders, requesting change orders, ordering Staples supplies, and making purchases using a PCard.
Note: All products purchased in the current fiscal year MUST be physically received no later than June 30th. If there is something that will not be received by the end of the fiscal year, please contact CaPCOT-Financials for assistance.
New fiscal year purchase orders Accordion Closed
If you require a purchase order on July 1st for software renewals or yearly contracts, please fill out the CaPCOT Purchase Request Form and return to CaPCOT-Financials no later than June 15th.
Make sure to note in the body of the email that this is for the new fiscal year.
Financials will attend multiple open labs during the month of June for entering new fiscal-year purchase orders to be ready by July 1st.
Purchasing has released a new policy regarding blanket Purchase Orders:
- Effective July 1, 2020: decentralized departmental limits have been permanently reduced to $2,500.
- Effective July 1, 2020: all requests for Amount Only (blanket) purchase orders will be routed to Purchasing for approval.
Asbestos, lead & PCBs disturbance (FS-13) Tab Open
Vendor registration Tab Closed
Vendor insurance Tab Closed
Software approvals Tab Closed
Asbestos, lead & PCBs disturbance (FS-13) Accordion Open
Vendor registration Accordion Closed
Vendor insurance Accordion Closed
In order to determine if the vendor you are using has current and proper insurance, please email NAU Risk Management Services.