CaPCOT Financials provides support and oversight of accounting and financial functions throughout the Capital Planning and Campus Operations division.
We support these units:
- Facility Services
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Office of Space Management
- Campus Services and Activities
- NAU Police Department
- University Transit Services
- Postal Services
Service Delivery Team Functions Accordion Closed
As of March 22, 2021, the Service Delivery Team will be handling all Purchase Requests (requisitions/POs/Staples/Amazon orders), invoice payments, PCard approvals, deposits, and travel reimbursements. The Antelope Service Team will be the main contact for CaPCOT Departments.
- Use the Employee Service Center portal to enter any Financial and Human Resource transaction requests.
- Please follow these instructions for properly reconciling your PCard transactions. If you need assistance, fill out a PCard Reconciliation Assistance ticket.
- New fiscal year/blanket purchase orders will need to be submitted to the Service Delivery Team through the Employee Service Center portal.
COVID-19 Purchasing Policy Update Accordion Closed
Effective immediately: all cleaners, disinfectants, hand sanitizers, and Personal Protective Equipment which includes, but is not limited to masks, clothing, helmets, goggles, or other garments or equipment designed to protect the wearer’s body from injury or infection (PPE), will be centralized and may only be purchased through NAU Campus Supply.
*See other resources below.
Invoice Payments Accordion Closed
Invoices may still be forwarded from CaPCOT Financials for payment approval. Invoices are still subject to the PUR600-01 policy referenced below. The department is responsible for attaching the invoice to the Purchase Requisition case in the Employee Service Center portal.
NOTE: Make sure to notate in the Purchase Request case ticket if the invoice is a pass-through expense to a work order or vendor. CaPCOT Financials is still responsible for entering invoices on work orders and creating invoices to vendors (see Accounts Receivable section).
- NAU requires approval by the requestor to verify the charges on the invoice are correct and all materials have been received (POLICY PUR 600-01). Financials will send an email requesting approval for payment:
- The requestor will need to respond within 3 business days to approve for payment or notify Financials of a dispute in progress.
- It is the responsibility of the requestor to contact the vendor if there are any issues with the invoice (incorrect charges, missing/damaged product, etc.). Contact Financials for assistance and include CaPCOT-Financials on all email correspondence.
Fiscal Year End Accordion Closed
CaPCOT Financials will continue to process Fiscal Year End Transfers as requested.
Please refer to the Comptroller’s Office Fiscal Year End Calendar for specific cutoff dates for creating year-end purchase orders, requesting change orders, ordering Staples supplies, and making purchases using a PCard.
Note: All products purchased in the current fiscal year MUST be physically received no later than June 30th.
Accounts Receivable Accordion Closed
CaPCOT Financials will be the central repository for submitting invoices on behalf of CaPCOT departments. If you have an expense that a vendor is going to be responsible for paying, please send the following information to CaPCOT-Financials:
- Vendor name, address, main contact person, and Email address.
- Amount to be billed.
- Supporting documentation (invoices, expense summary, etc.) and/or justification for the invoice.
Budgets Accordion Closed
CaPCOT Financials provides budget oversight assistance when reconciling monthly department budgets and submitting yearly budget requests to the Vice President and Budget Office for approvals. If you would like assistance with setting up a budget reconciliation report, please contact CaPCOT-Financials.
Asbestos, Lead, and PCBs Disturbance (FS-13) Tab Open
Vendor Registration Tab Closed
Vendor Insurance Tab Closed
Software Approvals Tab Closed
Asbestos, Lead, and PCBs Disturbance (FS-13) Accordion Open
Vendor Registration Accordion Closed
Vendor Insurance Accordion Closed
In order to determine if the vendor you are using has current and proper insurance, please email NAU Risk Management Services.