Required Workplace Training
Learning and Development Resource
New Employee Welcome
All new employees are required to complete several mandatory trainings which must be completed within 30 days of your start date.
Requirements for attending orientation, which NAU calls New Employee Welcome (NEW), can vary based on your employment status. Please select the appropriate category.
Regular Benefit Eligible Employees and Faculty
- Attend New Employee Welcome Event (Mandatory) Use the link below to register through Louie Self Service. (Course Code HR110 or search for course name “New Employee Welcome”)
- Register from the soonest date available. You need to attend this event within 30 days of your start date.
- This event is every payday Friday from 8:00am—12:00pm and is held in-person.
- Work at an extended NAU campus or unable to travel to the Flagstaff campus? Virtual dates reserved just for you. (Other Campuses/Remote Staff)
- Complete Required Training via New Employee Welcome Learning Path (Mandatory)
We use a “learning path” through our partner Udemy, to guide you through all the required training. Use the link below to get started. This link is also included on the Regular, Benefit-Eligible employee onboarding page. (If you are a part time, student employee or GA, please see next category for the appropriate learning path).
Note: Additional August Orientation for Faculty:
If you are new Faculty starting in August, in addition to the mandatory Human Resources Benefits Orientation (NEW), new faculty are required to attend the New Faculty Orientation sponsored by the Provost’s Office and the Faculty Professional Development Program. Visit the New Faculty webpage for more information and to register for the August event.
Part Time Temporary, Student Employees and Graduate Assistants:
Employees in this category have the same required training but DO NOT attend the in-person NEW event and you have fewer departmental information videos to review. To complete your required training, use the link below to access the proper Learning Path via our partner Udemy. This link is also included on the student or part-time temporary employee onboarding page.
Additional August Graduate Assistant Orientation:
Graduate assistants employed by the University (whether in teaching, research, or student services roles) are required to attend an orientation provided by the Graduate College each August.
Questions: Contact NAUHRTraining@nau.edu