General Contact Information
Phone: (928) 523-2223
Fax: (928) 523-7486
Physical Address: Centennial Building (Bldg. 91) 411 S Beaver Street Flagstaff, AZ, 86011
Mailing Address: PO Box 4113 Flagstaff, AZ 86011
Human Resources provides professional human resource services in the areas of benefits and wellness, classification, compensation, talent management, employee lifecycle services, employee relations, employee equity and access, disability resources, and HR operational support.
For active staff, faculty, and student employee inquiries related to a HR service, please submit a request by clicking on the Employee Service Center yellow button to the right of this page. All other inquiries please use the contact information and directory links provided.
- The Employee Service Center also provides several Knowledge Base articles that may help answer your question.
- When submitting a request in the Employee Service Center, after logging in, please click on “Request Service”.
HR Administration Accordion Closed
HR Administration provides strategic oversight and delivery of employee services supporting employees and university departments with employment related matters. Human Resources supports NAU in attracting, recruiting, and retaining talented and diverse faculty and staff.
Employee Lifecycle Services Accordion Closed
Recruitment & Selection Accordion Closed
The Talent Acquisition team assists with managing and supporting NAU departments in the recruitment and selection of talented and diverse perspective faculty, staff, and student employees. In addition, the team provides guidance and consultation to departments regarding recruitment and university best practices.
Human Resources Business Partners Accordion Closed
The HR Business Partners provide exceptional service and promote a culture that consistently applies various HR policies, programs, and processes.
University Vice President areas have an assigned HR Business Partner who provides expertise, consultation, and partnership on human resources employee-related services and guidance with HR policies, programs, and processes.
Services include but not limited to:
- Classification and compensation
- Talent management
- HR consultation and guidance
Compensation & Classification Accordion Closed
The Compensation team maintains and develops a compensation strategy that aligns with NAU’s Total Rewards Philosophy to attract, retain, and reward highly talented staff to meet the University’s mission and goals. Services include:
- Classification and compensation market research
- Classification development and evaluation
- Processing employee analytics and reporting
- Maintenance of the compensation and classification structure
Payroll Services Accordion Closed
The Payroll Services team ensures all NAU faculty and staff receive their paychecks in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. In addition, the Payroll Services team provides general payroll information and resources outlined on the payroll webpage.
Payroll Services manages:
- ePAR approvals
- Time and Labor
- Payroll compliance
Benefits Services Accordion Closed
The Benefits team focuses on the management and utilization of health benefits, planning, and programming to enhance the well-being of NAU employees, retirees, and their families.
The Benefits team is responsible for the education, administration, and compliance of NAU’s benefit programs. Benefit plans are sponsored by State of Arizona:
- Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA)
- Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR)
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) and Arizona Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS)
- In addition, NAU offers its own medical benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona and Supplemental Life Insurance plan through the Hartford
The Benefits team supports staff and faculty with the following benefit offerings:
- Medical and dental, retirement, life insurance, long and short-term disability, and leaves of absence options.
- Tuition discount: Employees and eligible dependents receive a tuition discount at any of the three state universities.
Employee Assistance & Wellness (EAW) Accordion Closed
Learning & Development Accordion Closed
The Learning and Development (L&D) team creates and delivers professional development and training opportunities. These opportunities offer support for NAU faculty and staff in the following areas:
- Enhancing current skills
- Developing personally and professionally
- Being engaged in developing a positive organizational culture
Employee Relations Accordion Closed
The Employee Relations team works to build an environment of employee engagement, empowerment, and involvement where faculty and staff can offer their best as well as equip managers with support, tools, resources, and a policy framework that facilitates a professional and effective workplace.
The Employee Relations team provides advice, guidance, and direction to leadership, managers, supervisors, and employees on a wide range of workplace interactions including:
- Employee performance management
- Interpretation and consistent application of policy
- Employee and supervisor employment rights and responsibilities, and processes associated with corrective and disciplinary actions
Equity and Access Office Accordion Closed
HR Information Systems (HRIS) Accordion Closed
HRIS provides support for HR Information systems implementing system updates, new system functionality and resolving system issues. Oversees HR system access to employee records, salary and benefit administration, time and leave management, and workforce data.