New Faculty Orientation August 2020
Congratulations on becoming a new member of the NAU community of scholars. The following are two important orientations you will need to attend as you begin your career here. Registration will be available soon.
Human Resources Benefits Orientation:
- Monday, August 17, 2020
- Location: Science and Health, Room 211, Building #36
- Time: 12:00 – 5:00 pm
- At this session, you will receive information about the benefits package at NAU. To ensure that you sign up for the right benefits to meet your needs, please attend this session before you make your benefits elections. Contact for Human Resources is 928-523-2223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Faculty Orientation
- Tuesday, August 18, 2020
- Location: duBois Conference Center, Building #64
- This all-day event will provide you with:
- the information you need to get begin your career at NAU
- “New Faculty Survival Lab” to help you through your first week
- lunch will be provided
Parking information Accordion Closed
Resources for New Faculty Accordion Closed
- The Faculty Professional Development Program offers Productive Beginnings: Resources for Your First Year and the Focus on Teaching Series. These sessions are held monthly. Register here
- This program matches new faculty members with experienced faculty members to help you get off to a great start at NAU.
- Such as sessions, faculty learning communities, book discussions, & events.
- New offerings each month.
- If you enroll in this series, a 20-minute webinar will come to your inbox each Monday morning providing you with topical information such as classroom management, feedback & grading, student engagement, teaching strategies, course design and more.
Helpful NAU resources Accordion Closed
- Campus Maps
- Human Resources: Learn more about benefits, required training, and employee resources
- Purchase a campus parking permit: Parking Services
- University Identification Card (JacksCard)
- ITS – Information Technology Services: Setting up your phone, computer, devices
- e-Learning Center – design and build engaging and effective courses and Faculty Tools
- Cline Library resources for faculty
- Registrar’s Important Dates and Deadlines (including Finals Week schedule)
- Grading schedules, important dates, and other grading resources Office of the Provost, Academic Personnel
- Office of the Provost, Academic Resources & Policies
- Review the NAU Policy Regarding Syllabi, including syllabus template
- Register for upcoming Faculty Professional Development Activities