August 2020 New Faculty Orientation
Congratulations on becoming a new member of the NAU community of scholars!
New Faculty: Please take a moment to tell us about yourself and register for the August 2020 New Faculty Orientation
Orientation for new faculty will begin with self-paced online modules available in July. The link will be emailed to you. We will then provide remote learning opportunities for new faculty during the weeks of Aug 4 – 14. We will send a full agenda with all remote access links and location for the in-person option.
Schedule for New Faculty Orientation Accordion Closed
Monday, August 3
Human Resources Benefits Remote Orientation
The following will be offered via Zoom with an in-person option:
Tuesday, August 4
Wednesday, August 5
Thursday, August 6
Friday, August 7
Monday, August 10
Tuesday, August 11
Please feel free to contact the Faculty Professional Development Program for any questions you might have 928-523-8883 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you have any Human Resources questions contact them at 928-523-2223 or email@example.com
Helpful NAU resources and information for new faculty Accordion Closed
- Annual reviews and tenure information
- Cline Library resources for faculty
- Disability Resources
- e-Learning Center – design and build engaging and effective courses and Faculty Tools
- Faculty Senate
- Grading information and resources
- Human Resources: Learn more about benefits, required training, and employee resources
- ITS – Information Technology Services: Setting up your phone, computer, devices
- LMS Support – assistance with Bb learn
- NAU response to Covid-19 and remote teaching resources.
- Registrar’s Important Dates and Deadlines (including Finals Week schedule)
- Office of the Dean of Students and Academic Success Centers
- Office of the Provost and Academic Resources & Policies
- Purchase a campus parking permit: Parking Services
- Review the NAU Policy Regarding Syllabi, including syllabus template
- Stay informed with the NAU GO app
- University Identification Card (JacksCard)
- View our calendar of events for faculty professional learning
NAU Parking information and campus maps Accordion Closed
FPDP Resources for new faculty Accordion Closed
- The Faculty Professional Development Program offers Productive Beginnings: Resources for Your First Year. This monthly series is designed to assist new faculty throughout the first year at NAU. This series is designed for faculty members new to teaching at NAU and is by invitation only. Topics vary each month.
- This program matches new faculty members with experienced faculty members to help you get off to a great start at NAU.
View our calendar of events for faculty professional learning
- We offer sessions, faculty learning communities, book discussions, & events.
- New offerings each month.
- When you enroll in this series, a 20-minute webinar will come to your inbox each Monday morning providing you with topical information such as classroom management, feedback & grading, student engagement, teaching strategies, course design and more.