New Faculty Orientation
Congratulations on becoming a new member of the NAU community of scholars!
The AY 24-25 NAU New Faculty Orientation will be held throughout the week of August 19, 2024.
If you are a new faculty hire at NAU prior to our next orientation day, you will want to do the New Employee Welcome with Human Resources and review the New Faculty orientation folder.
New Faculty Orientation Week Schedule
*Monday, August 19, 2024
1:00 – 4:00 pm
Human Resources Benefits
Location: Cline Library
This presentation will cover your health benefit options, payroll questions, and other NAU employee services and benefits. This presentation will be both in person and available by Zoom. New faculty are expected to attend.
*Wednesday, August 22, 2024
8:00 am – 3:30 pm
New Faculty Orientation Program
Location: High Country Conference Center
This all-day event introduces you to our NAU administration, provides breakout sessions on topics relevant to new faculty, and will offer an NAU resource fair. New faculty are expected to attend. This is an in-person event for those unable to travel, a Zoom link will be available.
Thursday, August 23, 2024
4:00 to 6:00 pm
New Faculty Networking & Mixer
Location: 1899 Patio
This event is designed to assist new faculty in meeting NAU colleagues across campus and administration.
*Expected attendance for new faculty.
Helpful NAU resources and information for new faculty Accordion Closed
- Annual reviews and tenure information
- Cline Library resources for faculty
- Disability Resources
- Faculty Senate
- Faculty Tools
- Grading information and resources
- Human Resources: Learn more about benefits, required training, and employee resources
- ITS – Information Technology Services: Setting up your phone, computer, and devices
- Registrar’s Important Dates and Deadlines (including Finals Week schedule)
- Office of the Dean of Students and Academic Success Centers
- Office of the Provost and Academic Resources & Policies
- Purchase a campus parking permit: Transit Services
- Review the NAU Policy Regarding Syllabi, including the syllabus template
- Stay informed with the NAU GO app
- University Identification Card (JacksCard)
- View our calendar of events for faculty professional learning
Teaching & Learning Center Resources for new faculty Accordion Closed
- The Faculty Professional Development Program offers Productive Beginnings: Resources for Your First Year. This monthly series is designed to assist new faculty throughout the first year at NAU. This series is designed for faculty members new to teaching at NAU and is by invitation only. Topics vary each month and all new faculty will receive an invitation.
- This program matches new faculty members with experienced faculty members to help you get off to a great start at NAU.
View our calendar of events for faculty professional learning
- We offer sessions, faculty learning communities, book discussions, & events.
- New offerings each month.
- You will find the 20-minute webinar series in your inbox each Monday morning via the NAU all-faculty listserve. This series will provide you with topical information such as classroom management, feedback & grading, student engagement, teaching strategies, course design, and more.
Instructional Design & Support for Canvas Accordion Closed
Learn about the NAU LMS Transition to Canvas
Do you need immediate assistance with technical Canvas questions?
- Contact the LMS Support Help Desk at 928-523-5554 or 866-802-5256,
- Email support at LMS-Faculty-Help@nau.edu or submit a ServiceNow ticket
- LMS Faculty Support hours are 7:30 am to 7:00 pm most days (view daily schedule)
- Search the Knowledge Base for Canvas-related articles
Do you have a question on Canvas Training and don’t know where to begin?
NAU Parking information and campus maps Accordion Closed