The ecoPASS is a Mountain Line city bus pass provided to all Northern Arizona University employees.
Faculty and Staff can now access the ecoPASS using the NAUgo app. Using the faculty staff persona, simply select ECO Pass and a QR code will be generated to scan as the bus is boarded.
A card is available for affiliate employees or those without a smart phone and can be picked up at University Transit Services, Centennial building (#91), Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A NAU JacksCard is required for an ecoPASS.
The ecoPASS isn’t just about saving money. By riding the Mountain Line shuttle with an ecoPASS, you can:
- save wear and tear on your vehicle
- help promote the university’s goal of increased sustainability
- cut gas consumption
- reduce campus traffic congestion
- reduce air pollution
- expand the range of cyclists and walkers
- relax on your way to work
Guaranteed ride home
In addition to unlimited public transit access, ecoPASS gives you access to the Guaranteed Ride Home program. This program allows employees who commute to work using their ecoPASS to use a taxi for emergencies at no charge. Emergencies include, but are not limited to:
- illness or injury experienced by you or a family member
- damage to your home or property by fire, burglary, or acts of nature
- university-wide emergencies where no other travel options are available
- unscheduled overtime (supervisor authorization is required)
When an employee has an emergency on a day he or she commutes to work via Mountain Line, a signed voucher will be issued by University Transit Services and the employee will call a taxi from the provider list. Northern Arizona Intergovernmental Public Transportation Authority (NAIPTA) will pay for the ride.