This training is required for any university employee on campus who is required to have/maintain a Commercial Driver License (CDL) in order to perform their job duties.
If you are seeking employment with University Transit Services, Campus Shuttle you will need to make contact with them at 928-523-5052 if you were not directed to this page by them. If you were directed by the Authorized Driver Program and will be working in another department on campus you may proceed to the 40 hour BBLearn course for the Commercial Driver License program. The link can be found here
To qualify for an Arizona Commercial Driver License you must,
- Provide proof of domicile by presenting 2 documents to MVD (Motor Vehicle Division). Common documents presented are Valid AZ License, current auto insurance policy, home owner’s or renter’s insurance policy, or a voter registration card.
- Provide proof of status: valid Passport, birth certificate, Certificate of Naturalization, or a valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card.
- Proof of identification and age: provide 2 documents or mail issued from a business, organization or government agency that contain applicants name and physical residential address.
You are required to provide a current Medical Examiner Certificate. All CDL drivers must have a physical performed by a medical examiner listed on the National Registry of Certified Examiners https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/national-registry/national-registry-certified-medical-examiners. CDL physicals must be renewed every 24 months or sooner as determined by the medical examiner.
Obtaining a Commercial Learner Permit –
- Successfully complete knowledge tests for the class and type of license you wish to operate. See section 1 of the CDL Manual. https://apps.azdot.gov/files/mvd/mvd-forms-lib/40-7802.pdf. You must schedule these tests at a Commercial Driver License office located at MVD.
- You must provide the following before paying any fees or taking any tests:
- Valid U.S. DOT Medical Certificate (CDL Physical)
- Valid Social Security Card
- Valid Operator’s License
- Proof of Status
- Proof of Identification and age
- Proof of Domicile/Residence
- Proof of one year of driving experience in a vehicle other than a motorcycle.
- For driving a bus on campus, you will need to take the following exams to obtain a permit
- CDL General Knowledge
- Passenger Endorsement
Commercial Driver License holders are subject to pre-employment and random drug screens. They are also required to register for the Commercial Driver License Information System.