Forms, Worksheets, & Tools
Proposal Development Forms
- Audit Certification Form (Revised 01-07-2016) – Required for subrecipients prior to issuing subaward.
- Cost Price Analysis Form (Revised 07-07-2015) – For Commercial or International Subrecipients
- Disclosure of Significant Financial Interest Questionnaire Certification (Revised 04/12/2017)
- Disclosure of SFI Questionnaire Certification (Section II Supplemental) (Revised 04/12/2017)
- F&A Reduction or Waiver Request Form (Revised 01-26-2017) – The request for a Facilities and Administrative (F&A) reduction or waiver should be completed and submitted to the Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) at least two weeks prior to the sponsor’s deadline.
- Justification for Direct Charging Admin and Clerical Costs Form (Revised 1-30-2019) – The salaries of administrative and clerical staff should normally be treated as indirect (F&A) costs. Direct charging of these costs may be appropriate if certain following conditions are met. Download form for more information.
- Request for Approval to Serve as a PI or Co-PI Form (Revised 04-23-2019) (See Policy on Principal Investigator Eligibility – Revised 06-12-2019)
- Sponsored Project Tuition and Fee Waiver Request form – The request for a tuition and fee waiver should be completed and submitted to OSP at least two weeks prior to the sponsor’s deadline (Revised 09-07-2018)
- Subcontractor vs Vendor Determination Form (Revised 11-09-2018) – Utilize form to help determine whether the party receiving federal funds is characterized as a subrecipient/subaward or a contractor (“vendor”)
- Subrecipient Commitment Form (Revised 06-18-2019) – This form is used to document the participation of proposed sub-recipient/subcontractors. No sub-award will be issued until the completed form is received.
(See Subrecipient Commitment Form Instructions)
Award Management Forms
- Cost Transfer Justification Form (Issued 01-24-2013, Revised 10-08-2019) – Expenses that are transferred must be reasonable, allocable, and consistently treated as direct costs.
- Participant Certification Form (Revised 9-13-2019)
- Participant Payment Disbursement Form (Revised 9-13-2019)
- Signature/Approval Delegation Form (Revised 10-17-2016)
- Sole Source Justification & Cost/Price Analysis Form (Issued 01-07-2016) – Federal regulations governing research contracts (not grants) require that sole source and cost/price justifications be provided for all subawards under contracts.
- Sponsored Project Action Request Form (Revised 09-06-2018)
See Procedure for Securing Internal Approvals (No-cost Extensions, Budget Modifications, and Advanced Account Requests)
Worksheets and Tools
- Budget Template (revised 08-27-2019)
- Fringe Benefit Calculator (revised 09-06-2019)
- Gift vs. Grant Worksheet (Issued 05-31-2017)
- Grant Chart Field Value Set for Questionable Account Codes
- NAU Salary Cap Worksheet Example (Issued 03-25-2017)
- PeopleSoft Financials Budget Overview Inquiry Cheat Sheet
- PeopleSoft Grant Balance Inquiry Instructions
- Subrecipient Risk Analysis Tool