Forms, Worksheets, & Tools
Proposal Development Forms
- Audit Certification Form (Revised 02-07-2020) – Required for subrecipients prior to issuing subaward.
- Cost Price Analysis Form (Revised 07-07-2015) – For Commercial or International Subrecipients
- Disclosure of Significant Financial Interest Questionnaire Certification (Revised 01/07/2021)
- Disclosure of SFI Questionnaire Certification (Section II Supplemental) (Revised 01/07/2021)
- F&A Reduction or Waiver Request Form (Updated 02-17-2020) – The request for a Facilities and Administrative (F&A) reduction or waiver should be completed and submitted to the Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) at least two weeks prior to the sponsor’s deadline.
- Justification for Direct Charging Admin and Clerical Costs Form (Revised 1-30-2019) – The salaries of administrative and clerical staff should normally be treated as indirect (F&A) costs. Direct charging of these costs may be appropriate if certain following conditions are met. Download form for more information.
- Late Submission Waiver Request Form (New) – OSP requires that a complete sponsored project proposal package be received no later than four (4) business days prior to the sponsor’s deadline to allow reviews for compliance with sponsor and University requirements and on-time submission to the sponsor. When a sponsored project proposal package must be provided late to OSP, an approved waiver is required in order to proceed with this review and submission to the sponsor if at all possible.
- Request for Approval to Serve as a PI or Co-PI Form
(Updated 10-02-2020) (See Policy on Principal Investigator Eligibility (Revised 06-12-2019))
- Sponsored Project Tuition and Fee Waiver Request form – The request for a tuition and fee waiver should be completed and submitted to OSP at least two weeks prior to the sponsor’s deadline (Revised 09-07-2018)
- Subcontractor vs Vendor Determination Form (Revised 11-09-2018) – Utilize form to help determine whether the party receiving federal funds is characterized as a subrecipient/subaward or a contractor (“vendor”)
- Subrecipient Commitment Form (Revised 06-18-2019) – This form is used to document the participation of proposed sub-recipient/subcontractors. No sub-award will be issued until the completed form is received.
(See Subrecipient Commitment Form Instructions)
Award Management Forms
- Cost Transfer Justification Form (Issued 01-24-2013, Revised 10-08-2019) – Expenses that are transferred must be reasonable, allocable, and consistently treated as direct costs.
- Participant Certification Form (Updated 08-21-2020)
- Participant Payment Disbursement Form (Updated 08-21-2020)
- Signature/Approval Delegation Form (Revised 09-16-2020)
- Sole Source Justification & Cost/Price Analysis Form (Issued 01-07-2016) – Federal regulations governing research contracts (not grants) require that sole source and cost/price justifications be provided for all subawards under contracts.
- Sponsored Project Action Request Form (Revised 10-23-2019)
See the Budget Modification Worksheet.
See the Procedure for Securing Internal Approvals (No-cost Extensions, Budget Modifications, and Advanced Account Requests).
Worksheets and Tools
- Budget Template (Revised 01-13-2020)
- Fringe Benefit Calculator (Revised 11-02-2020)
- Gift vs. Grant Worksheet (Updated 03-06-2020)
- Grant Chart Field Value Set for Questionable Account Codes
- NAU Salary Cap Worksheet Example (Issued 03-25-2017)
- PeopleSoft Financials Budget Overview Inquiry Cheat Sheet
- PeopleSoft Grant Balance Inquiry Instructions
- Subrecipient Risk Analysis Tool