I want to...
- Contact a benefit vendor
- Review dependent eligibility requirements
- Complete the Benefits disclosure form (required)
- Learn about Voluntary Benefits
- Review the Retirement Plan Comparison
New to NAU?
Welcome to Northern Arizona University. The benefits you receive from Northern Arizona University are an important part of your total compensation package. Because not everyone has the same needs, our benefit program allows you to select the plans and levels of coverage that are right for you and your family.
New Employee Welcome “NEW”
You are encouraged to attend a benefits orientation. At “New”, Human Resource representatives meet with newly eligible employees to review the details of each benefit program and answer any questions you may have. Find out how to register for “NEW“.
View our online Benefits Orientation videos.
Enroll in your voluntary benefits Accordion Closed
Learn about the voluntary benefits NAU offers
When you’re ready, you enroll in your voluntary benefits through LOUIE Self Service using your NAU credentials.
- Then select the ‘Benefits’ tile
- Select ‘Benefits Enrollment’
- Click ‘Select’ for the event displayed.
- Click ‘Edit’ next to each benefit to enroll
- Click ‘Save and Continue’ when you have enrolled in all the Benefits
- Finally click ‘Submit’ to finalize your enrollment.
You will receive an email confirming that your enrollment has been submitted.
- You have 31 days from your date of hire into a benefit eligible position to complete your enrollment.
- If you do not enroll within the 31 days, your benefits will be waived by default and you will have to wait until the next open enrollment period or until you experience a Qualified Life Event.
- Your voluntary benefits will be effective the first day of the pay period following your completed enrollment. You will not be able to complete your enrollment until your benefit eligible hire date.
- Review dependent eligibility requirements
- Please note the “home address” field is the address our benefit vendors use to send insurance cards and other important correspondence.
Elect your Primary Retirement Plan Accordion Closed
Classified employees are enrolled in the Arizona State Retirement Program (ASRS) for retirement and long-term disability.
Setting up Your ASRS Account
You will need to set up an account with ASRS to designate a beneficiary and so that your contributions can be credited correctly with the state. After your account has been set up, you will receive a confirmation email within a few weeks from ASRS verifying that your account is active.
- Visit myASRS online registration
- Provide the information requested
- Enrollment Code: 4UQ00059
- Employer Code: 104160
- Select ‘Northern Arizona University’ from the drop-down list
- Follow the instructions provided
Faculty and Appointed Employees
How to make your primary retirement election:
- Your retirement election is irrevocable and cannot be changed for the duration of your employment.
- You must make your retirement elections within 30 days of hire. If you do not make your election within 30 days of hire, you will automatically be enrolled in ASRS.
- Complete the Retirement Election Form.
- Your election will be forwarded to Human Resources and you will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to set up your account with your retirement provider.
- If you enroll in the ORP, setting up your account will include making your investment elections.
- If you do not set up your account your contributions or make your investment elections you will be invested in the ORP’s Qualified Default Investment Alternative – The T Rowe Price Target Retirement Date Funds.
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) –Employer code 104160, enrollment code 4UQ00059
The ORP is a defined contribution plan offered to faculty, appointed staff and service professionals as an alternative to state-sponsored defined benefit plans like ASRS.
For help, call ASRS at (800) 621-3778
|• Visit myASRS online registration |
• Provide the information requested
• Enrollment Code: 4UQ00059
• Select ‘Northern Arizona University’ from the drop-down list
• Follow the instructions provided
For help, call Fidelity (800) 343-0860
|• Visit Fidelity’s web page |
• Click “Start Now”
• Select “Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) Plan ID. 67444”
• Click “Enroll Now” then “Get Started
For help, call TIAA (800) 343-0860
|• Visit the TIAA website|
• Click “Ready to Enroll”
• Select ‘Northern Arizona University’
• Click “Open your TIAA account onlineOpen your TIAA account online”
|PSPRS||• Visit the PSPRS website|