- Benefit Orientation Videos
- Benefit Eligibility Chart
- Voluntary Benefit Overview
- Benefits Guide
- Paying for Your Coverage
- Employee Premiums
- Benefit Plan Documents and Policies
- Benefits Vendor Contact Information
How to Enroll
How to Enroll
New to NAU Benefits
You are encouraged to attend NAU’s New Employee Welcome or “NEW”. Included in “NEW” is a Benefits Orientation where members of the Benefits Team meet with newly eligible employees to review the details of each benefit program and answer any questions you may have.
Find out how to register for “NEW”
NAU’s Benefit Orientation Videos
Be sure to watch the Orientation Videos, which are designed for employees who are new to NAU, but they can also help current employees understand the plans they elected.
Enrolling in Benefits
Because not everyone has the same needs, our benefit program allows you to select the plans and levels of coverage that are right for you and your family. Newly eligible regular employees can enroll in three types of benefits.
Voluntary Benefits Accordion Open
Regular employees can enroll in:
- Health Care *
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance *
- Short-term Disability.
*You can enroll your eligible dependents
Primary Retirement Accordion Closed
Regular employees are required to be enrolled in one of 3 retirement plans:
- Classified Staff – Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Faculty or Appointed Staff – Choice of the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) or ASRS
- Public Safety Employees -Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS).
Exception: Postdoctoral scholars & some international employees are not eligible
Supplemental Retirement Accordion Closed
All employees are eligible to enroll in:
- 403b Tax-Deferred Annuity Plan
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan.
How to enroll
Below are links to the instructions on how to enroll in your benefit.
Rules to Remember
- You cannot enroll in your benefits before your first day of employment.
- There are different instructions for Classified Staff than for Faculty or Appointed Staff. Your offer letter included your employment category.
- You will enroll in your voluntary benefits through LOUIE Self-Service. You will not have access to the enrollment page until your new hire paperwork is completed including your I-9 and you have been added to LOUIE system.
- Once added to LOUIE, you will receive a personalized email welcoming you to the NAU Benefits Program with links to benefit information and an enrollment checklist.
- Voluntary benefit coverage including health care coverage is effective the first day of the pay period after a completed enrollment in Louie Self Service. View the current payroll schedule.
- You cannot submit a tuition reduction request until your first day of employment. Requests for your spouse of dependent children cannot be processed until you have added them as a dependent or beneficiary in Louie Self-Service.
Still have questions??
Contact the Benefits Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (928) 523-2223.