For more information…
- Check your balance
- Check for holds
- Change your address
Tuition refund policies
Withdrew from the university? Dropped a class? Find out if you qualify for receiving a refund.
Tuition refunds are made by direct deposit or by check mailed to the student’s refund address.
Please review your address information in LOUIE via Self Service > Campus > Personal Information > Addresses.
Withdrawals and changing residency classification Accordion Closed
Students withdrawing or changing residency classification from out-of-state to in-state will receive an appropriate refund after all proper approvals and forms have been received by Student Service Center.
If you plan to withdrawal from the university, follow these steps with the appropriate departments to avoid extra fees.
During the open drop period, you may withdraw on LOUIE by dropping to zero hours. After the open drop period, you must withdraw through the Office of the Registrar.
Housing and meal plans
Cancel your housing with Residence Life and your meal plan with Campus Dining.
Contact Parking Services to arrange a refund for your permit, if applicable.
Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
Get in touch with the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to determine how much, if any, aid needs to be returned.
Contact Campus Health Services if you have paid for an insurance policy.
Class changes Accordion Closed
Students whose classes are canceled, who drop or who go from full-time to part-time status will have their refunds processed after the 14th calendar day of the semester.
How are the refunds for tuition and fees calculated? Accordion Closed
Refunds are calculated based on class start date:
- 0-10 calendar days – 100%
- 11th day and after – 0%
Refundable fees Accordion Closed
- The Financial Aid Trust Fee
- The Information Technology Fee
- The Health and Recreation Fee
- The ASNAU/GSG Fee
- The Green Fee
- The Student Activity Fee
- The Athletics Fee
Refunding scheduling Accordion Closed
1. During fall and spring terms refunds will be processed every business day (Monday-Friday) for 4 weeks following the initial financial aid disbursement. All other times during the year, including summer and winter terms, student refunds will be generated each Tuesday & Thursday. You should expect to receive your refund within 1-3 business days if signed up for direct deposit and 7-14 days if receiving a paper check.
2. If the last day of the refund period falls on a weekend or holiday, the withdrawal must be submitted during regular office hours on the preceding work day. Refund check will be mailed to your refund address or direct deposited to your bank account. Amounts less than $10 will not be refunded, but may be applied to future charges.
3. Students receiving Federal/State financial aid may be subject to a separate refund schedule and may be required to return a portion or all of their aid upon withdrawal from the university. Always check with your financial aid counselor prior to withdrawing/dropping classes.
Please contact the following departments if you have questions regarding specific refunds:
- Housing questions to Residence Life at 928-523-3978 or e-mail at Residence.Life@nau.edu
- Parking permit questions to Parking Services at 928-523-6623 or e-mail at Ask-Parking@nau.edu
- Meal plan questions to Sodexo at 928-523-2372 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health plan questions to Campus Health Center at 928-523-6343 or e-mail at email@example.com
Personalized Learning Accordion Closed
Refunds: A student is eligible for a refund up to 10 days after the activation of their current subscription in the Personalized Learning programs. To receive a refund, a student must send in writing their request to the academic advisor within the first 10 days of the subscription.
Subscription fees: A student has 10 days from the start of their subscription to complete the subscription payment. A student will be dropped from their subscription after the first 10 days if no payment is made. Any work completed during the first 10 days will not be saved if payment is not received.
Tuition and fees are based on your academic program by campus. If some or all instruction for all or part of the academic year is delivered remotely, tuition and fees remain the same and will not be refunded.