For more information…
- Check your balance
- Check for holds
- Change your address
Tax forms, information & assistance
Forms and publication resources
- print out a 1098-T form by logging into LOUIE and clicking on 1098-T forms under Student Center
- download and/or print any available IRS form or publication from the IRS File Manager
- complete IRS Form 8863 “Education Credits (Hope and Lifetime Credits)” – Attach to Form 1040 to calculate and claim your educational tax credit (Hope Scholarship Tax Credit or Lifetime Learning Tax Credit)
- complete form W-9S “Request for Student’s Social Security Number and Certification” – Use Form W-9S to report a student’s Social Security Number if Northern Arizona University does not have their Social Security number; form W-9S must be completed and mailed to Northern Arizona University
- read IRS Publication 970 “Tax Benefits for Higher Education” – Explains the new Educational Tax Credits and other Educational Tax Benefits provided by the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997
- call 1-800-TAX-FORM or 1-800-829-3676 to order IRS form or publication
- obtain IRS Forms directly on your fax machine: Call 703-368-9694 and follow the instructions; enter fax order number 25379 for Form 8863, or see 1040 instructions booklet for other form numbers
- find your local IRS office
- copy a booklet of IRS Forms; the original is located in the Northern Arizona University Cline Library
The IRS will publish additional guidance on the provisions discussed in this notice as well as other provisions included in Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. You may visit the IRS website for information on additional guidance as it becomes available.
For additional tax benefit information or assistance
- consult your local Yellow Pages for listings of Tax Advisors and Accountants
- navigate to the IRS Main Menu Home Page
- contact the IRS Help Line at 1-800-829-1040 and listen for appropriate options
- pre-recorded messages are available from the IRS Tele-Tax line at 1-800-829-4477
Providing a student’s Social Security number
If Northern Arizona University does not have your Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification number, then you are required by the IRS to provide this number to Northern Arizona University for IRS reporting purposes.
You can provide this information by filling out and submitting a W-9S form.
This information is protected by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, as all other student academic and financial information is protected.
Note: Failure to provide a correct Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification number to Northern Arizona University without reasonable cause is subject to a $50 fine by the IRS.