Financial terms & conditions
Important information regarding financial terms and conditions of attendance
Registering for classes through this web site represents my electronic signature and agreement to be bound by the applicable financial terms and conditions of attendance, including my agreement to be financially responsible to Northern Arizona University for payment of all tuition, fees, room and board charges and related costs that are added to my student account. I further agree to pay any fees, fines or penalties that are added to my student account which are related to my attendance at the University during this period.
Agreement to accept financial terms and conditions of attendance
- My student account reflects a balance I owe for educational services obtained from and the associated costs of attending Northern Arizona University.
- The university is an institution of higher education. As such, all or a portion of my student account is considered to be an educational loan offered for the sole purpose of financing an education and is not dischargeable in bankruptcy proceedings.
- This agreement will be in effect until I have fulfilled all financial obligations to the university and the university has terminated this agreement.
- I authorize Northern Arizona University and its agents, representatives, attorneys and contractors (including collection agencies) to contact me through my mobile phone, home phone and email, including by way of text and automated message calls, for purposes of collecting any portion of my student financial obligation which is past due.
- I promise to pay the university the principal, and any late fees, fines or penalties by the due dates stated on my student account and in applicable university catalogs and/or websites.
- If payment is made by check and the check is returned, I agree that a fee of $30 for a returned check will be charged to my student account.
- If I expect financial aid to pay all or part of my financial obligations to the university, I understand that it is my responsibility to meet all requirements for disbursement to my student account. I authorize the university to use the financial aid to pay for all education costs charged to my student account for my entire period of enrollment or attendance at the university.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that all requirements of grantors, lenders, employers, and other third party payers are met on a timely basis.
- I understand that despite my expectations for payment from financial aid or other sources, that I am ultimately responsible for all charges incurred.
- I understand that my financial aid may be adjusted due to eligibility. I agree to pay back to the university any amounts that I am not eligible for under applicable financial aid guidelines.
- If I fail to pay my student account, I understand the university will charge the following late fees.
Past Due Amount
$20 - $50
$50.01 - $100
$100.01 - $500
$500.01 - $1,000
$1000.01 and above
I will be in default if:
I break any promise made to the university or fail to perform promptly at the time and in the manner provided in my housing plan, meal plan, or tuition plan agreement with the university or fail to pay other charges, including but not limited to, parking fees or fines, Fronske charges, or financial aid adjustments that post to my student account by the due date on the bill.
Rights of university under default
If there is an event of default, the university may exercise any remedy allowed by law, including one or more of the following, without notice or demand (except as required by law):
- The University may declare the principal balance plus any late fees, fines or penalties immediately due and payable in full.
- The University may hire or pay a third-party to collect the debt. I agree to reimburse the university the fees of any collection agency, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 30% of the debt.
I will pay the university all costs of collection, including without limitations, reasonable attorney fees, whether or not there is a lawsuit. If not prohibited by applicable law, I will also pay any court costs, in addition to all other sums provided by law.
I understand that I must abide by the official university policies regarding withdrawal from the university. Withdrawal from the university, whether voluntary or at the request of the university, does not exempt me from payment in full for charges incurred while attending the university.
For purposes of collection of amounts owed by me to the university, I consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the state of Arizona, Coconino County.
Withhold diplomas, transcripts, grades
The university may withhold my official transcript, diploma, or grades until all my financial obligations have been met.
Prevent future registration
The university may prevent future registration until all my financial obligations have been met.
Credit Bureau reporting
I understand that failure to pay my student account may result in the university filing an adverse report with credit bureaus.