Log in to LOUIE to…
Financial terms & conditions
Important information regarding financial terms and conditions of attendance
Registering for classes through this web site represents my electronic signature and agreement to be bound by the applicable financial terms and conditions of attendance, including my agreement to be financially responsible to Northern Arizona University for payment of all tuition, fees, room and board charges and related costs that are added to my student account. I further agree to pay any fees, fines or penalties that are added to my student account which are related to my registration and attendance at the University during this period.
Agreement to accept financial terms and conditions of registration and attendance
- My student account reflects a balance I owe for educational services obtained from and the associated costs of registering and attending any class and related activities at Northern Arizona University.
- Northern Arizona University is an institution of higher education. As such, all or a portion of my student account is considered to be an educational loan offered for the sole purpose of financing an education and is generally not dischargeable in bankruptcy proceedings.
- This Agreement will be in effect until I have fulfilled all my financial obligations to Northern Arizona University and the University has terminated this Agreement.
- I authorize Northern Arizona University and its agents, representatives, attorneys, and contractors (including third party collection agencies) to contact me at my current and any future cellular phone number(s), email address(es) or wireless device(s) regarding my delinquent student account(s)/loan(s), any other debt I owe the University, or to receive general information from the University, including by way of text and automated message calls, for purposes of collecting any portion of my student financial obligation which is past due.
- I understand and agree that Northern Arizona University uses my University-assigned e-mail as an official method of communication with me, and that therefore I am responsible for reading the e-mails I receive from the University on a timely basis. I understand that I am responsible for reviewing my account frequently for any updates.
- I understand and agree that I am responsible for keeping Northern Arizona University records up to date with my current physical addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers on my LOUIE Student Center. Upon leaving Northern Arizona University for any reason, it is my responsibility to provide the University with updated contact information for purposes of continued communication regarding any amounts that remain due and owing to the University.
- I understand Tuition and Fees are based on my academic program by campus. If some or all instruction for all or part of the academic year is delivered remotely, Tuition and Fees remain the same and will not be refunded.
- I promise to pay Northern Arizona University the principal, and any late fees, fines, or penalties by the due dates stated on my student account and in applicable University catalogs and/or websites.
- If payment is made by check and the check is returned, I agree that a fee of $30 for a returned check will be charged to my student account.
- If I expect financial aid to pay all or part of my financial obligations to the Northern Arizona University, I understand that it is my responsibility to meet all requirements for disbursement to my student account. I authorize the University to use the financial aid to pay for all education costs charged to my student account for my entire period of enrollment or attendance at the University.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that all requirements of grantors, lenders, employers, or other third party payers are met on a timely basis.
- I understand that despite my expectations for payment from financial aid or other sources, that I am ultimately responsible for all charges and fees or penalties related to my registration and attendance at Northern Arizona University.
- I understand that my financial aid may be adjusted due to my eligibility. I agree to pay back Northern Arizona University any amounts that I am not eligible for under applicable financial aid guidelines in a timely manner.
- If my payment is received after the applicable deadline, regardless of the postmark date, the payment is considered late and my account is subject to deferred payment fees and late fees.
- Late fees are applied monthly for charges that have become thirty days past due and may be applied for charges as follows:
Past Due Amount
$20 - $50
$50.01 - $100
$100.01 - $500
$500.01 - $1,000
$1000.01 and above
I will be in default if:
I break any financial promise made to the Northern Arizona University or fail to perform promptly at the time as required by my housing plan, meal plan, or tuition plan agreement with the University or fail to pay other charges, including but not limited to, parking fees or fines, Campus Health charges, Library fees or fines, or financial aid adjustments that post to my student account by the due date.
Rights of Northern Arizona University related to default
I understand that if I default on my financial responsibilities, Northern Arizona University may exercise any remedy permitted by law, including one or more of the following, without notice or demand (except as required by law):
- The University may declare the principal balance plus any late fees, fines, or penalties immediately due and payable in full.
- I understand and accept that if I fail to pay my student account bill or any monies due and owed to Northern Arizona University by the scheduled due date, the University may refer my delinquent account to a third-party collection agency. I further understand that if the University refers my student account balance to a third party for collection, a collection fee will be assessed and will be due in full at the time of the referral to the third party. The collection fee will be calculated at the maximum amount permitted by applicable law, but not to exceed forty-percent (40%) of the amount outstanding at the time of referral. For purposes of this provision, the third party may be a debt collection company or an attorney.
I agree to pay Northern Arizona University all fees of collection, including but not limited to, reasonable attorney fees, whether or not there is a lawsuit. I will also pay any court costs, in addition to all other sums the University is permitted to recover pursuant to applicable law.
I understand that I must abide by the official University policies regarding any withdrawal from the University. Withdrawal from the University, whether voluntary or at the request of the University, does not exempt me from payment in full for charges incurred while attending the University.
For purposes of collection of amounts owed by me to Northern Arizona University, I consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the state of Arizona, Coconino County.
Term Withdrawal and/or Change of Withdrawal Date Petition requests must be filed no later than two calendar years from the last day of the term being petitioned. I understand tuition refunds, for any reason, will not be considered after two years.
Withhold diplomas, transcripts, grades
I understand that Northern Arizona University has the discretion to withhold my official transcript, diploma, or grades until all my financial obligations have been met.
Prevent future registration
I understand that Northern Arizona University has the discretion to prevent registration until all my financial obligations have been met.
Credit Bureau reporting
I understand that failure to pay my student account may result in Northern Arizona University filing an adverse report with credit bureaus.
I understand and agree that the University may, at its discretion, pursue remedies as permitted by law in the event that I am not of the age of majority when signing this agreement.
Method of Billing
I understand Northern Arizona University uses electronic billing (e-bill) as its official billing method. I further understand and agree that I am responsible for viewing and paying my student account e-bill by the scheduled due date. I also understand and agree that failure to review my e-bill does not constitute a valid reason for failing to pay my bill by the due date.
I understand administrative, clerical, or technical billing errors shall not absolve me of my financial responsibility to pay the correct amounts for tuition, fees, and other associated financial obligations assessed as a result of my registration and/or enrollment at Northern Arizona University.
If any provision, term, or clause of this Agreement is declared or found to be illegal, unenforceable, or ineffective in a legal forum with competent jurisdiction, this Agreement shall be deemed severable, and all other provisions, terms, and clauses of the Agreement will remain valid and binding on the Parties.