Police Records Unit
What we do
Records is responsible for collecting, retaining and disseminating all records generated by this department. Included in these records are crime reports, arrest reports, informational reports, accident reports, warrant files and traffic contacts. This section provides service to, and cooperates with the public, other law enforcement agencies, local courts, other NAU departments and all operational units within this agency. These services include data entry and retrieval, records dissemination, statistical evaluation, and the processing of public requests for police reports. During 2017 this unit processed 2,558 records requests and 591 Departmental Reports were issued.
Requesting Police Records
Customers who need copies of officer reports can request them by:
- Coming in person to the Police Department and completing a request form.
- Print the request form, Police-Records-Release-Request-PD-83-1 and fax it to (928) 523-9483.
- You may also mail in with payment your completed request form.
Report Request Processing Fees
- NAU students/employees – $.25 per page for reports 10 pages or less. $5.00 for reports 11 to 30 pages, then .25 cents per page. (No maximum charge).
- All other requesting parties – $5.00 for 30 pages or less, then .25 cents per page. (No maximum charge)
- Color copies of photos – $1.00 per page
- Reproduction of audio/video recordings – $25.00 per item