Police Records Unit
What we doRecords is responsible for collecting, retaining and disseminating all records generated by this department. Included in these records are crime reports, arrest reports, informational reports, accident reports, warrant files and traffic contacts. This section provides service to, and cooperates with the public, other law enforcement agencies, local courts, other NAU departments and all operational units within this agency. These services include data entry and retrieval, records dissemination, statistical evaluation, and the processing of public requests for police reports. During 2018 this unit processed 2,389 records requests.
Requesting Police RecordsThe Records' Section is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., excluding holidays. We can be reached at (928) 523-8884 or (928) 523-1696. Customers who need copies of officer reports can request them by:
- Coming in person to the Police Department and completing a request form.
- Print the request form, Police-Records-Release-Request-PD-83-1 and fax it to (928) 523-9483.
- You may also mail in with payment your completed request form.
The processing of records requests are normally filled in a reasonable timeframe. However, if the record request cannot be filled in a timely manner or the record has not yet been completed, you will be notified of the delay and when it is available for release to you.
Report Request Processing Fees
- NAU students/employees - $.25 per page for reports 10 pages or less. $5.00 for reports 11 to 30 pages, then .25 cents per page. (No maximum charge).
- All other requesting parties - $5.00 for 30 pages or less, then .25 cents per page. (No maximum charge)
- Color copies of photos - $1.00 per page
- Reproduction of audio/video recordings - $25.00 per item
- Cash or check are the only accepted methods of payment