Who is a Campus Security Authority?
The Clery Act requires all institutions to collect crime reports from a variety of individuals and organizations that Clery considers to be “Campus Security Authorities” or “CSAs.”
- A campus police department or a campus security department of an institution.
- Any individual or individuals who have responsibility for campus security but who do not constitute a campus police department or a campus security department (e.g., an individual who is responsible for monitoring the entrance into institutional property).
- Any individual or organization specified in an institution’s statement of campus security policy as an individual or organization to which students and employees should report criminal offenses.
- An official of an institution who has significant responsibility for student and campus activities, including, but not limited to, student housing, student discipline, and campus judicial proceedings.
To complete the CSA Crime Report Form:
- Complete the CSA Crime Report Form with an NAU Network Login and Password
- Complete the CSA Crime Report Form if you do not have an NAU Network Login/Password
If you’re not sure if you qualify as a Campus Security Authority please contact the Director of Clery Compliance, Lara Fox at: Lara.Fox@nau.edu, phone: (928) 523-9491.