W-2 & 1095c information
Form 1095c Accordion Closed
Form 1095c is a form providing information regarding Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage of Insurance. It is filed and furnished to any employee of an Applicable Large Employer (ALE) who is considered a full-time employee based on the Affordable Care Act definitions. This form may be a required document needed when you file your Federal tax return for this year.
Delivery options Accordion Closed
Northern Arizona University uses an outside vendor to distribute your tax forms. You can choose whether to receive your W-2 and 1095c’s electronically or through regular mail.
NOTE: If you elect the mail option these forms will be mailed separately so you may not receive them at the same time.
Why choose an electronic delivery? Accordion Closed
- will be available online sooner than mailed copies
- can be printed as many times as needed once received electronically
- can be downloaded to your personal computer for access anytime
- will be available on the vendor’s website through October 15
- W-2’s can be uploaded into some tax preparation software (Turbo Tax, Jackson Hewitt, H&R Block)
- remove the risk of sending your social security number on a paper copy in the mail—a common source of identity theft
What if I don’t want to receive my forms electronically? Accordion Closed
If you do not want electronic delivery of your forms, you do not need to do anything. You will be mailed a hard copy of each form by the end of January, as required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). If you do not elect electronic delivery of your W-2 and need a re-print there will be a fee assessed of $8.
To ensure delivery of your tax forms, keep your mailing address current in LOUIE.
When do I have to decide how to receive my forms electronically? Accordion Closed
You have until the first week in January to elect to receive your forms electronically.
What about data security? Accordion Closed
The security of your data was the highest priority in selecting a vendor and was reviewed by the Information Technology Services (ITS) Director of Security. A validation process is run when you create your account to ensure the personal information provided to make the electronic election is accurate.
If I sign up to receive my forms electronically, how will the information come to me? Accordion Closed
In January, you will receive an e-mail notification that your forms are available online. For security reasons, your forms will not be emailed directly to you. You can print them from the site or download them to your computer. You will not receive a paper copy in the mail.
How do I sign up to receive my forms electronically?
For current NAU employees Accordion Closed
You can sign up for electronic delivery through LOUIE. Using the Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome internet browsers, follow the steps below:
- From LOUIE, go to Main Menu > Self Service > Payroll and Compensation > Tax Forms W-2/1095c
- Click the button to be redirected to Paperless Employee
- If the page does not load, you reach a blank page, or you reach a page with a log-in screen, please try switching your internet browser, clearing your browser cookies and cache, or adjusting your cookie settings
- If you are trying to access the site while remotely accessing another computer and experience issues, please disconnect the remote session and access the website directly through your main computer
- If the next screen displays a message that says “Your Account Settings are incomplete”, you will need to verify your email address
- Click the Verify Email button a single time. If you click the button multiple times, the system could lock you out. Do not leave the web page.
- Within 1 hour, an email will be sent to the email address provided with a verification code. These emails take longer during high volume times.
- Copy and paste or type the verification code into the web page.
- Alternate email and cell phone are optional
- Make a selection under each kind of form: Tax Statement and ACA Form 1095
- Click “Save Notification Option Settings” to save your election
- Once all account settings have been saved, you should be taken to a page that says “What would you like to do today?” You have now successfully signed up for electronic delivery. You will also see this page if you have successfully signed up for electronic delivery in the past.
- You can also view a detailed document of what the process will look like, complete with images.
For past NAU employees without access to LOUIE Accordion Closed
Sign up for an electronic delivery or access previous electronic deliveries at https://www.paperlessemployee.com/nau
Follow the steps below to create your account:
- Select “Create Account”
- Enter your social security number, date of birth to authenticate your information
- Create an account name and set up your User ID and Password
- Set security questions
- Elect Contact and Notification Options
- Make the election to receive your W-2 and 1095c form electronically
- You can also view a detailed document of what the process will look like, complete with images
Will I need to sign up for electronic delivery every year? Accordion Closed
If you have signed up for electronic delivery in a prior tax year, you will not need to sign up again. Paperless Employee will continue to deliver your tax forms electronically until you choose to opt out.
Sign up for electronic delivery of your tax forms and have unlimited access between January and October. This is a safe and secure way to have your tax forms whenever you need them.