Direct Deposit and Pay Card Information
NAU employees are paid every other Friday and over 90% of our employees receive their pay through direct deposit. NAU offers our employees two options to receive their biweekly payments: Direct Deposit into your personal bank account, or a prepaid re-loadable NAU Pay Card.
NAU strongly encourages all employees to use electronic direct deposit. It is a safe, secure and efficient way to receive your pay every two weeks. All employees can provide or update their banking information at any time through Self Service by logging into LOUIE.
Direct deposit is safe, confidential, and convenient. Using direct deposit has a number of benefits:
- Have your pay sent to the financial institution(s) of your choice.
- Decide how to divide your net pay among your accounts (checking, savings, etc.), and it will be done automatically each payday.
- Currently you can elect to have your pay divided between up to three different banks/accounts of your choice.
Signing up for direct deposit
To sign up for direct deposit, log in to LOUIE and click on Self Service > Payroll and Compensation > Direct Deposit and enter the required information. You’ll need to know the routing number and your bank account number (usually found on your checks or your bank statement). If you aren’t sure, please contact your bank in order to be certain the information is accurate. NOTE: Deposit Slips often do NOT contain the correct routing information.
- In order for your direct deposit to begin on the next payday, you must sign up no later than the Sunday before that payday – one week in advance.
- Once you have signed up for direct deposit through either the Human Resources/Payroll Department or the Student and Departmental Account Services, any and all refunds, payroll and Financial Aid will be disbursed to me using this account information.
NAU pay card
For those who do not use Direct Deposit, your pay will be sent to a debit-type card, which will be loaded each payday with your pay.
The NAU Pay Card is issued through Bank of America. To learn more about the Pay Card program and how you can access your funds without incurring fees, view the Bank of America Pay Card brochure and fee structure.
To locate a Bank of America Branch or ATM close to you please click on the link provided: https://locators.bankofamerica.com/locator/locator/LocatorAction.do
Also for your convenience there is a Bank of America ATM located just outside the bookstore here on the NAU campus.
Upon issuance of a NAU Pay Card a nontraditional banking relationship will be established for the employee with Bank of America. More information on this will be included with the Pay Card that will be mailed prior to the first pay day in which funds will be deposited.