Request a presentation
We’re glad you’re interested in partnering with Campus Health Services to provide a virtual presentation to your group or classroom. Please note that we require at least a 2 week notice on presentation requests. We will do our best to help you out, but cannot make any guarantees in a short time frame.
We are offering both in person and virtual presentations to meet you and your students where you’re at!
Fill out the form below, and we will do our best to respond to your request within 48 hours.
Topic overview Accordion Open
- Stress management: What is stress, how it affects the body, and ways to de-stress
- Suicide prevention: Recognize the signs of a student in crisis and practice responding to the student
- Sleep management: Why is sleep important, what happens when you don’t get enough sleep, and how to get more sleep every night
- Substance misuse: How to stay safe if using different substances, their effects on the body, and resources to quit
- Sexual health: Learn about different STIs, contraceptives, and how to stay safe
- Healthy relationships and consent: Signs of a healthy/unhealthy relationship and communication skills
- Bystander Training: Consent, sexual assault/relationship violence resources, and steps needed to be an active bystander
- Sex and the Media: Changing the Culture: Explore ways in which society perpetuates rape culture and become a change maker to change the culture
- Identifying a student in crisis: How to identify students that may be struggling and could benefit from counseling
- Stressbusters: The NAU Stressbusters team is a peer education group that provides stress management education while also offering free back rubs to students and staff. You can request Stressbusters to help create a stress-free environment for your club or community.
Plan a successful event Accordion Closed
Campus Health Services requires that there are 5 people in attendance at all events, and may cancel any presentation with less than 5 people in attendance. Make sure your event is popular by:
- Making sure your event doesn’t conflict with a large event on campus.
- Partnering with other RAs or student groups to host an event.
- Providing healthy snacks for your group.
- Avoiding events on weekends or holidays.
- Giving at least 2 weeks notice to arrange a speaker.