Get involved with our office
Health Promotion has a number of ways to get involved with our office. Keep reading about the different opportunities and how to apply.
Student Health Advocacy Committee
The Student Health Advocacy Committee (SHAC) acts as a two-way liaison between administration and the students regarding health care issues. SHAC also acts as an advocating body for student wellness and promotes a healthy lifestyle on campus.
SHAC member responsibilities include:
- Attending weekly SHAC meetings
- Planning and attending various health events throughout the year
- Participating in committee work and meetings
- Managing health marketing materials
- Advocating for health policy change with Campus Health Services Administration
- Creating and give health presentations
- Conduct health related surveys or interviews with other students
- Representing Campus Health Services within the general student body
- Communicating with the group, your committees and adviser
- Being ethical and responsible in all SHAC endeavors
To join SHAC, fill out the interest form.
Get involved interest form
Internships and Graduate Assistantships
If you are in a public health, counseling, pre-med, nutrition, or other related major, consider joining our high energy team!
Health Promotion offers unpaid internships for students looking to gain public health experience and knowledge. If you are interested in an internship, return this completed Intern Application, along with your resume and cover letter to Melissa Griffin.
Health Promotion has 2 Graduate Assistantship positions. Not only do these positions offer the opportunity to gain experience in a field that you are passionate about, but they also include a tuition waiver, health insurance, and a stipend. For information on openings, please visit the Graduate College web page.