Contact University Budget Office
Internal quick links
- On-Campus Student Employment (Student Classification and Compensation)
- Comptroller's Office
- Enterprise Reporting
- Human Resources
- HR Calculator
- ERE Estimator
- Institutional Research and Analysis
- Strategic Planning
- Office of the President
- Position Request Form
- PeopleSoft Financials
- Office of Sponsored Projects
- PS Financials Budgeting Documentation
External quick links
The Budget Office is responsible for managing positions that tie into the funding for that job. The position will be located in an organizational unit (division, department, etc.) and report to another full-time benefit eligible position. That position may also have other positions that report to it. A position has a certain work location, an organizational cost center to charge pay costs, and may define a specific budgeted amount for salary. A position does not represent a specific person but rather the work which needs to be performed. Please visit our FAQ’s page.
Position Management 101-Featuring Updated Position Request Form Recording
What we can help you with
Position Management provides a wide range of services. From setting up new positions, making changes to existing positions, and department reorganizations. In many cases the budget office works in conjunction with HR.
Other Forms and Services
- Funding Report ePAR analytics
- The ePAR Analytics Funding Report documentation will show you how to use the report to help you track ePAR’s and funding forms more easily. This report can help you view information about ePAR’s and funding forms, without having to look up each individual ePAR and tab through the multiple pages to get to the view form history page and so much more.
- Mobile phone and moving allowance
- Mobile Phone and Moving Allowance forms and Moving Allowance User Guide. Please use PeopleSoft HR to navigate to HR Home>Manager/Department Dashboard>Position Query to search for a position number to use as a mobile phone allowance or a vacant temp pool position for a moving allowance. If one is not available please use the Position Request Form button to request a new pool position be created.
- New HR Department Setup
- NAU Online Summer Session
- Summer Session Info: https://www.nau.edu/VPAA/Summer-Sessions/. This webpage is managed by the Vice Provost Office for Academic Affairs. Summer session is a revenue generating session, as such, this page includes policy, documentation, and tools to help colleges and departments manage business processes.
- Reports To
- Reports To is needed for every position number.
- Supplemental pay
- Supplemental Pay forms can be found on the HR website to use for benefit-eligible employees who work on special projects over and above their regular job duties. There is a separate form for classified/service professional staff and faculty step1 & step2.
- Waivers are found on the HR website form page. Waivers are used to hire a benefit-eligible employee without going through the normal recruitment steps. There is a separate form for classified/service professional staff and faculty/academic professional staff. To obtain a position number for the waiver, please use PeopleSoft HR to navigate to HR Home>Manager/Department Dashboard>Position Query to search for a position number to use. If one is not available, please use the Position Request Form button to request a position number to be assigned.