News & Announcements
- Sponsored Projects Principal Investigator Dashboard
- 8/21/2019 - Guidance for Preparing Other Support Documents
- 8/19/2019 - PI/Departmental administrators informational series for the 2019 - 2020 academic year
- Current Programs in the Division of Training, Workforce Development, and Diversity (TWD)
- All Current Announcements
Office of Sponsored Projects
The Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) is the university’s centralized office responsible for authorizing extramural funding proposals submitted to sponsors, negotiating with sponsors, and accepting awards. It has the institutional responsibility for assuring the Arizona State Board of Regents (ABOR), the public, and the Federal government that the University has in-place systems and best practices for internal controls and fiscal accountability for sponsored project funds awarded to NAU.
The Sponsored Project Lifecycle
OSP has adopted a lifecycle management approach to research administration. This means that teams within our office are organized to manage proposals from the beginning, or ‘pre-award,’ stage of a project through the termination, or closeout, of an award. This comprehensive approach helps the teams to better understand the entire cycle of an award in all of its stages, rather than only gaining familiarity with one phase.
Click on a section below to get started.
OSP’s highest priority is providing direct support to faculty and staff involved in sponsored activities during the entire lifecycle of the grant. Each step is defined with clear expectations, roles and responsibilities, and guidance.