In order to retain positions department moves can be completed for Benefit eligible positions. Pool/Temporary positions will not be moved between departments ePars will need to be done to move those positions and any positions needed should be requested using the position request.
For a single benefit-eligible employee moving into a new PeopleSoft department, please use the breadcrumbs in PeopleSoft HR to navigate to Main Menu>Self Service>Position Query use the Position Request form button to request a department move position be created.
Employee department changes
For multiple employees moving into a new PeopleSoft department as a result of a re-organization follow these steps:
- If a new department is required, use the breadcrumbs in PeopleSoft HR to navigate to Main Menu>Self Service>Position Query use the Position Request form button to request a department move. Attach the following Department Moves Template with the names of staff moving, EMPLID’s position numbers, old/new department name, old/new department number, and reports to. Also, attach documentation of VP or JFR approval.
- Submit position requests for any pool positions that need to be created in the new department.
- Department moves will only be done on non-payroll weeks.
- The Department will, for employees in pool positions, initiate an ePAR Job Change form to hire a concurrent job (by setting the transfer indicator to concurrent) then use the Change Employment Status form to terminate the old position.
- Departments may also need to initiate a new Reports To form to update reporting relationships, if applicable.
- Once all employees have been transferred, the Budget Office will close the request.