You may reuse existing positions that need different funding by submitting a funding change. Funding Changes can be done using the Position Management Funding form. The funding form will be used for all types of positions (filled or vacant) instructions can be found for initiators and for an approver. Note: Service teams do not have the ability to perform funding changes, these should still be performed at the unit level by local financial oversight, NAU_HR ePOS Funding Initiator role.
When to use the Funding Form:
- Make funding changes to Vacant positions.
- Make funding changes to Pool positions
- A pool position can only have one funding string. If there needs be changes to a select group, a new position will have to be requested for that group.
- Make funding changes to a position that has an ePAR pending for the employee in the same position.
- Multiple effective date funding changes per form.
- Different funding for Earnings versus ERE.
- Project End Dates to help manage funding on grants/projects.
- Make future-dated funding changes up to two fiscal years out.
Other Funding Form Basics:
- The same payroll deadlines for the ePAR also apply to the new Funding Form.
- Approval routing is the same as the ePAR (with funding only changes).
- Security roles are required to access the Funding Form. If you have the NAU_HR ePOS Funding Initiator role, you will have access to the form.
- Like the ePAR, the positions and forms you are able to view are based on HR department security.
Funding Report ePAR analytics
- The ePAR Analytics Funding Report documentation will show you how to use the report to help you track ePAR’s and funding forms more easily. This report can help you view information about ePAR’s and funding forms, without having to look up each individual ePAR and tab through the multiple pages to get to the view form history page and so much more.