Work Control Center
Maintaining NAU’s excellence
The Work Control Center is the hub of NAU facilities and grounds maintenance. We are a customer-focused team dedicated to providing our students, staff and researchers with an excellent environment in which to study, live and work.
From changing a light bulb to a classroom renovation, we are the first point of contact for maintenance and billable services requests in the 118 academic and residential campus buildings, which total $2 billion in physical assets.
The Work Control Center processes and manages all phone, TMA iServiceDesk, and walk-in work requests, which we dispatch to one of our 300-trained technicians in these departments:
- University Custodial Team
- Heating, Ventilation & Cooling (HVAC)
- General Maintenance
- Building Access Services
If you are having internet connectivity issues or need assistance with technical equipment, please contact ITS or submit a ServiceNow ticket here.
How to submit a work request
Step by step Accordion Closed
Submitting a work request:
- Click on the “Submit work request or track work order” button at the top of the page, or click here https://fsrequest.nau.edu, or call our office at 928-523-4227.
- If submitting online, log in to the TMA iServiceDesk using your NAU username and password.
- Click on “Submit a Request” in the upper left corner of the page.
- Select your facility. “Flagstaff Campus” is the default setting.
- From the drop-down menu select the building in which you have a maintenance work request.
- Your name and e-mail will auto fill in the “Submit Your Request” tab. Please include your phone number.
- In the “Area” drop-down menu, select the area and or room number where you need the work done – i.e., room, office, hallway, classroom. NOTE: If the building/area location needed is not available, please contact the Work Control Center at 928-523-4227 to submit your work request.
- If your request is for an academic building, please enter your speedchart number in the “Account #” box. If you are submitting a request for a residence hall you do not need an account number.
- In the “Request” box please include a detailed description of the maintenance issue that needs attention or repair.
- Click the “Submit” button.
The processed work request:
- After submitting the service request you will receive an email from email@example.com that will include your service request number.
- When your service request has been accepted in the Work Control Center you will receive another email that will include your work order number.
- Next, your work order is prioritized by urgency and dispatched to one of our 300 technicians.
Work Control Center FY21
By the Numbers
35KWork orders processed in FY21
2,942Average number of work orders processed monthly
136Average number of work orders created daily