NAU Fire Marshal
The Northern Arizona University Fire Marshal ensures that the university meets fire and life safety (FLS) codes in all campus buildings.
The Fire Marshal acts as a fire prevention liaison between NAU and local, state, and federal agencies.
Standards and processes:
- Campus-wide fire safety inspections.
- Prioritization of violations and deficiencies.
- Appropriate notifications are initiated for corrections.
- Optional plan development and review.
- Status report documentation.
Construction and remodeling:
- Timely review of new construction and remodel plans.
- Develop corrective measures for deficiencies found in preliminary plans.
- Coordinate with building inspectors and project managers to ensure compliance.
Safety training and review:
- FLS information and awareness training for students, faculty, and staff.
- All safety related hazards and concerns are investigated, researched, and documented, and include recommendations for corrective measures.
Tasks Accordion Closed
- Fire Life Safety code compliance
- New construction and renovation plans review
- Fire Life Safety awareness and training
- Investigate, research and document safety concerns
- NAU’s liaison between local, state and federal agencies
Find us in the NAU DirectoryFire Life Safety