NAU’s Radiation Safety Committee meets twice each year to review protocols requesting use of licensed radioactive material. In addition, the committee oversees NAU’s Radioactive Material Safety Program which is managed by the Office of Environmental Health and Safety.
NAU’s Radiation Safety Program covers Radioactive Material (isotopes and sealed sources) and Class IIIB and IV Lasers, which are covered in the content of this page and X-Ray compliance.
NAU maintains a Laser safety and registration program in accordance with Arizona Radiation Regulatory Agency requirements. For assistance in registering new lasers, inspecting new or existing laser labs or installations, eye protection and safety equipment requirements, or other laser related questions, please consult the Laser Safety Manual.
Forms Accordion Closed
- F1-Radioactive Material Permit Application
- F2-Radioactive Material Inventory Control Log
- F3-H-3 and C-14 Scintillant Disposal Log
- F4-Radiation Safety Briefing Documentation
- F5-Short-Lived Radionuclides Disposal Log
- F6-H-3 and C-14 Animal Tissue Disposal Log
- F7-Daily (Contamination) Radiation Survey Report
- F8-Monthly Radiation Survey Report
- F9-Quarterly Radiation Survey Report
- F13-Training and Experience Form
- F14-Radioactive Material Receipt and Monitor Log
- F16-Area-Article Decommissioning Log
- F19- Radioactive Waste Sewer Disposal Log
- F21-Caution Rad in Use sign
- F22-Radiation Safety Briefing Documentation
Position papers and policies Accordion Closed