Did you know....
A serial number vastly increases the chance that lost or stolen property will be returned to you if recovered.
- Download and fill out a Personal Property Inventory form
- Save the form in your student e-mail account so you can access it anywhere, if needed
Property security tips
Dorm room security
- Never leave your room unlocked (including windows on lower floors) and unoccupied. A thief only needs seconds to take your textbooks, purses, wallets, computers, and other valuables from your room!
- Record the name brand, serial number, and color of your valuable items. If possible, permanently mark (engrave) personal items with an identifying number that can only be traced back to you.
- Lock the door to your room while you are sleeping.
- Do not prop exterior residence hall doors open!
- If you see someone in the building who you know does not belong, call the Police Department at 928-523-3000 or 911.
- Do not allow strangers to follow you into the building.
- Keep track of all your valuable property, including make, model number, and serial numbers. Use the personal property inventory.
- Never leave your keys in the car or ignition. Keep your home and car keys separate.
- Always lock your car. Consider installing anti-theft or alarm devices on your vehicle.
- Do not leave items of value in plain view, even if the car is locked. Put them in the trunk of the vehicle or take them with you.
- Copy your license plate and vehicle identification numbers and keep them with you.
- If possible park in well traveled and well lighted areas.